• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

fun little softbill vector artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
I'm doing some art for my website, which is badly in need of a redesign.

So here's a few fun little guys I'm working on for the layout, ones a honeycreeper, I've still got to make a few changes to him, the other is an emerald toucanet (yes they will have something to perch on). If anyone has a softbill that they think would look cool as vector art, let me know. I haven't worked with vector art all that much, so could use practice.

Attachments

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: those are incredible..you are so talented.

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
Thanks, let me know if there's a bird you would like to see done as vector art, and I'll give it a shot!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oohhh..can you do a female to go with the honeycreeper? I have a pair of red legged honeycreepers. Would LOVE to see a Hawkheaded Parrot and a mousebird done this way. Awesome artwork!:cool1:

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
Oohhh..can you do a female to go with the honeycreeper? I have a pair of red legged honeycreepers. Would LOVE to see a Hawkheaded Parrot and a mousebird done this way. Awesome artwork!:cool1:
Yep I can definitely do a female honeycreeper. I've been thinking about maybe doing a mousebird too. What species of mousebird should I do?

Honey creeper female first though.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Cool! The whiteheaded mousebird is just stunning. But Gryphon could be a model for you..lol. He is a blue nape. Maybe do a collage of different ones together!:dancing: The purple honeycreepers{aka yellow legged} are also fantastic looking.
Miss Susanne is the one who has the best photos of mousebirds in different positions. Maybe you could ask her if she would mind?

Last edited:

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
a pair of honeycreepers. I'm thinking I may try making some prints, and other things of these guys.

Attachments

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
a pair of honeycreepers. I'm thinking I may try making some prints, and other things of these guys.
That would be awesome!!! I just bought a print of two male redlegged honeycreepers from 1955.:cool3: Love the male and female.:laughing12:

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
I've actually sold a few prints on CafePress with photos of my birds. However I haven't really put a whole lot of effort into it, and I've found it hard to get images to fit properly on a lot of their items. Plus they have kind of high prices in my opinion, and you don't make hardly anything off of them unless you really jack the price up more. I know some have lots of luck selling through them, but I'm hunting around for possible alternatives right now.

Did you buy the print online?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yes, on ebay. I will take a pic of it..

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Saw your design on zazzle. I am ordering one with "Mr. Jeepers & Jada" below the pic.:)

emeraldtoucan

Strolling the yard
Saw your design on zazzle. I am ordering one with "Mr. Jeepers & Jada" below the pic.:)
Cool, thanks. I really need to work on getting up a few other things on that site. Please do let me know what their quality is like, I haven't made any orders through them yet myself.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I ordered the ladies organic T. I will let you know. I am pretty excited to get it, and picked a cool font for the text.:)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Nice work.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month