• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Friesian horse on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I know we have some fans of them here so I thought I'd share this CraigsList post.
I only knew the breed because I've heard it here.
I know next to nothing about horses, but isn't she pretty?
Friesian Horse available

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
I never heard of a Friesian horse being a barrel horse.
Sometimes one has to be careful with Friesians for sale as a lot of them tend to be scams. I can't really tell with this one though. But, the horse is very pretty!

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Screams scam. All of the friesians I have ever ridden have been 17hh or more. They also are not barrel horses if they run barrels its not 2D at all, they aren't agile enough for it. Then also I am pretty sure I know the horse in the photo and who the photographer was so yeah.......

Pretty horse, but a big fat lie.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Oh well, like I said - I only know the horse is pretty.
The National Western Denver Stock Show starts this week so I guess that will bring out the livestock scammers along with our traditional stock show weather (very cold- which will also make the football playoff Sat very interesting).

adinafloyd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Adina
The horse is gorgeous but this ad is more than likely a scam. I have found that most ads without a phone number are scams. ;)

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
The horse is gorgeous but this ad is more than likely a scam. I have found that most ads without a phone number are scams. ;)
When I'm selling a horse I never list my number. Just because of all of the prank calls and people selling your number you will get.

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
We have a lot of ads for Friesians here in California and, like others have said, they aren't exactly known for their barrel racing skills. :D

But who knows? They generally are higher priced, so it wouldn't make sense to spend the money on that breed of horse if you are interested in barrel racing. Quarter horses are bred for that type of activity and are more reasonably priced.

My bs detector was triggered by the term "make any reasonable offer" - these aren't "fire sale" horses, you don't just take the first reasonable offer. I'm suspecting that this horse is no more Friesian than I am, and that the pic is not of the actual horse. It's prob. a heavy black horse, with no papers. So the owner found a pic on the internet, and has called it a "Friesian" in hopes of hooking a buyer. :rolleyes:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I agree with Loree.

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I frequent a site called Freeland's Gypsy Horses. They are people I would trust. These horses are not built to be barrel horses. Pretty picture though. I would be careful. So many scams out there in this world.:heart:

Check out that website! They are amazing animals.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Friesans tend to be rather pricey.

When selling horses I've always put my phone number in the ad, but I have gotten a lot of calls from kids (whose parents, of course, have no idea they are calling :D ). You also get a lot of nutty people calling, though I've had that with vehicles, too.

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Yes, I agree! I've sold a few horses in my time, and I've had calls that make me shake my head in disbelief. And I've noticed that the cheaper the asking price for the horse, the more bizarre the questions you get asked. The worst ever was a scruffy little mutt appaloosa cross that I rescued out of a swampy backyard breeder situation. I put a few months training on her, then listed her for sale for $200. People called up wanting to know if the saddle & tack came with her, how many shows she had gone to & what championships she had won, and would I deliver her to another province for free. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.