• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Friends

xoliviax

Moving in
Real Name
Olivia
So, below is my 2 year old (6/4/13) Indian Ringneck we never thought anything of it but after visiting a zoo today they had two Lorikeets and they got along really well and we started questioning should we have got him a friend? Is it too late to get him one?

Also any cool tricks to teach him? image.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I was always told to only get a second bird if you want a second bird. To never just get a bird for your bird's sake. With any type of bird, there's always a chance they won't get along. Most likely will need separate cages, etc. Like with people, some birds hit and off and some don't. :)

xoliviax

Moving in
Real Name
Olivia
Thank you! We didn't know what to do we always think he seems lonely but he gives us cuddles and is lovely. We are currently in Edinburgh instead of Newcastle so he is staying with our next door neibours he is familiar with them and as far as I've seen comfortable with them. Going to collect him tomorrow give him a big cuddle and I'm going to start teaching him some tricks any suggestions on what to teach him?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Your bird is a cutie. : ) Maybe to twirl? Or to high five?

xoliviax

Moving in
Real Name
Olivia
So I've been trying to teach him to come and he just won't listen to me just acts like I'm not there I'm not experienced in training birds so any advice would be helpful thanks.