• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Friends for my bird?

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello.
I am not sure if i should write here but i am sorry if i wrote it in the wrong place. I am now taking care of a Green Cheek Conure. I'm spending a lot of time with bird now because of the corona epidemic. Now, if I go to work after the pandemic is over, when the bird is alone, he will be bored if he is in the cage alone, so I try to make a friend so that my bird is not bored. I hope that my thoughts are a good idea, or that both my other bird and my bird are not stressed because of my greed. In case I want to raise one more point, I want to know warning points and important information. And if I want to raise one more, I do it with the same Green Cheek Conure.
Thank you for reading my post.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have to be prepared for the birds not to get on. This means that you need space for a separate cage and they also may need separate out of cage time and time with you. You may need to cover the top of the cages with clear perspex iin case they land on each other's cages when one is out - this can result in nipped toes and other injuries. This will be stressful for both birds and probably you!

If they do get on, you must be prepared that your relationship with your existing bird will change. Your bird may be more interested in their bird companion rather than you, and may not be as interested in spending time with you.

You also need to consider whether you can afford food, toys and, crucially, vet care for two birds. If you are a child/teenager and living with your parents, you must talk to them about the additional costs involved.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
i think it is something to consider, but be prepared in the case that they don’t get along.
I think that way too.. if they are not bond well that is problem too.
Thank you for your advice

peaches13

Strolling the yard
You have to be prepared for the birds not to get on. This means that you need space for a separate cage and they also may need separate out of cage time and time with you. You may need to cover the top of the cages with clear perspex iin case they land on each other's cages when one is out - this can result in nipped toes and other injuries. This will be stressful for both birds and probably you!

If they do get on, you must be prepared that your relationship with your existing bird will change. Your bird may be more interested in their bird companion rather than you, and may not be as interested in spending time with you.

You also need to consider whether you can afford food, toys and, crucially, vet care for two birds. If you are a child/teenager and living with your parents, you must talk to them about the additional costs involved.
woah this is important information. I might need to think more about to get one more bird. I do not want to make stress to my bird and other bird.
Thank you for your advice.