• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Friend

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
I'm very sorry for you loss, this happened to me somewhat recently I gave the one left behind extra attention and then I think it was 3 months later I got another friend. It depends on how Nuka is coping, this must be so hard for you and Nuka, sorry :(

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Something similar happened when I lost Blizzard, I spent as much time as possible with Kiwi to help him feel better, and then a few months later Pickle came home.

Kiwi and Pickle are really good friends now, they even preen and regurgitate to the each other.

But you know your birds better than we do, something that worked for my birds might not work for yours.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's just so hard to say, but people say that most Linnies are happy with a Linnie friend and accepting of most newcomers. My situation has been rocky and my girls are just roommates at this point, with no bonding behaviors.

Are Linnies easy to find in your country?

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
It's just so hard to say, but people say that most Linnies are happy with a Linnie friend and accepting of most newcomers. My situation has been rocky and my girls are just roommates at this point, with no bonding behaviors.

Are Linnies easy to find in your country?
Only one shop near me sells them, so kinda hard. The problem is can't return him/her if it doesn't work, that's why I am asking around. To see the time it could work out the best.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Would Thursday be to soon? I don't kniw Nuka just doesn't seem herself (I mean understanding). Just want her to be okay.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
If she doesn't turn around a bit I mean

Gigibirds

I got my lovebird a friend just a week after her mate died. She was heartbroken, and although she liked the extra attention from me, she really just wanted a friend. As long as Nuka has had time to mourn, Thursday shouldn't be too soon, because you will have all of that time during the new bird's quarantine. I'm so sorry about Chip though, and I hope that you and Nuka are doing ok!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
I got my lovebird a friend just a week after her mate died. She was heartbroken, and although she liked the extra attention from me, she really just wanted a friend. As long as Nuka has had time to mourn, Thursday shouldn't be too soon, because you will have all of that time during the new bird's quarantine. I'm so sorry about Chip though, and I hope that you and Nuka are doing ok!
How long should I quarantine a new bird? Cause the shop I get them from also quarantine them (when they come from the breeder) for 6 weeks before they get sold.

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
How long should I quarantine a new bird? Cause the shop I get them from also quarantine them (when they come from the breeder) for 6 weeks before they get sold.
Get them vet checked, always, you never know if there is any underlying conditions for your new bird and about 1 and a half months should be fine :)