• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Freya and Cian's Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mum said she's really going to miss them, she has been a bit down about them going.. but she's going to be taking the day off on Wednesday so she can be here when Cian and Freya go, she was supposed to work, but has been working a lot more so that she could take the day off and be here on Wednesday and she was trying really hard to get someone to go in for her and finally she found someone so she's happy she'll be here on Wednesday when Cian and Freya get picked up.

I also forgot to mention, Freya is a real show off, she prances around, you'll see this when you have them in the cage and stand there and talk to her, she swings her head up and walks up and down the perch swinging her head up while you talk to her. It's a bit hard to explain, I've been trying to get a video of it but she won't do it while the camera's there.

Last edited:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Tomorrow's the big day! :omg:

In about 16 hours (or so) Feya and Cian will be picked up and on their way to their new home with Kelsey, but they won't get to Kelsey's home until the next day - Thursday.

Gosh it's gone so fast.. :(

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It was hard to seem them go, but for the best...

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Kelsey just text me and said she picked up Cian and Freya 5 mins ago, they're moving around in the box so all looks good! :hug8:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats wonderful! Im glad they arrived safely.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They're home!

Kelsey's put them in the cage, they're scared and not eating or drinking yet, but Kelsey's leaving them and hopefully they settle in and start eating and drinking, which I'm sure they will. :) (when I first got them it took them a few hours to start eating and drinking)

Thanks so much for doing this Kelsey, you're a real life saver, I hope they behave for you and I'm so glad they made it through the trip. :hug8:

Oh and I forgot to tell you, can be a bit on the noisy side, but I didn't mind it because of the other noisy mouths/beaks in the bird room - they SMELL really bad too.. they've smelt ever since I got them, I tried misting them and they would bath (which made the smell 10000x worse) it's from when they were in the aviary.

ETA: did they eat the pellets and orange?

Last edited:

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Thank you so much for updating this thread for me Renae! :)

Cian ate EVERTHING in his compartment, but Freya only destroyed the newspaper in hers. :rolleyes:

They have both since eaten food at my house and I even caught Cian having a drink. :D

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Trust Freya. :rolleyes: Glad Cian ate though, they're big eaters usually!

They look really happy though, they squish up to each other all the time, it's so cute. :heart:

Thanks for posting them photos, it's great to see them again.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Great to see pics of them they are so cute cuddled up together :heart:

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Just a quick update on these two before I crash for the night (it is 2am and I need to get up for work in less than 4 hours. Boo! :().

Freya and Cian ate all their veggies today. :thumbsup:

I love their little dinosaur sounds. It is adorable!

Renae, is it normal for them to sleep clinging to the side of the cage? Or do I not have the perches right for them?

EDIT: Forgot to add that they are booked in to see the avian vet next week Thursday. :)

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Yay, that's great! :dance4:I knew they'd eat your mix. :p They do make cute sounds too!

It's completely normal, they done that here as well. :)

Let us know how you go with them at the Avian Vets next Thursday, will be interesting to see what they say, especially about Freya's eye!

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Oh good! I was worried that they were stressed out by the move and was clinging to the cage because of it.

I think I remember you mentioning that they came from an aviary? If that is the case then I will move them into Dende and Beanie's old cage once they are vetted:

It is 1m x 1m x 1m and should give them more room. If they are used to an aviary then I want them to have as much space as I can give them. :thumbsup:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Leila clings and hangs onto the side/top of the cage as well, I think it's just a Green Cheek thing. Wait until you see them (probably just Cian actually) hanging off the top with just one foot, they're nutters.

They were in an aviary, but he brought them inside sometime before selling them, so they were in an aviary since he had got them 18ish months ago, he got them from South Australia! (I forgot about that, that was an even longer trip then from here to your place)

That cage will be great for them, the cage they're in now is absolutely fine too, though.

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh, I wanted to ask you too.

I don't know if you seen my post about Freya, but she does this thing where she'll either walk up and down the perch flinging her head up/side to side or she'll go up and down the perch like a crab doing it, she likes to show off, especially if you're there to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.