• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fresh Food!

ChirpysMom

Meeting neighbors
So I have been trying to get my new IRN to try new fresh foods. When I got her she was eating some really gross food. She didn’t want me to see her eat. Sweet fruits like blueberries, mango, papaya, apple, all easy going but she doesn’t want to eat her kale or greens. She would pick through chop and toss all the green stuff. This week she’s been eating and singing with me in the room! Yesterday she finally nibbled some greens and today she actually ate sweet peppers!
:party:
What are your IRNs favorite vegetables?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's great!

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
That's great! It took my cockatiel 4 months to finally eat chop.

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
Yay! I don't have a IRN, but my bird loves fruit too and is more picky with veggies. I have found that he likes broccoli because it looks like seeds. He loves playing with eating big pieces of leafy greens. He like eating big pieces more than chop. It's all about presentation.

ChirpysMom

Meeting neighbors
Yes! I have a birdie kabob and put a whole leaf in her cage on that and she actually ate a good amount but with chop she just tosses everything green. She will spend forever just picking out the fruit ignoring like 90% of the chop.