• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

French Bulldog

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
My daughter, age 30, is getting a French Bulldog puppy next week. They are super cute but have heard they have a lot of medical issues. Does anyone have one and what are they like? Do they really have a lot of medical issues? My daughter and her husband are both in the medical field, so they may help somewhat if having problems. Son in law is a MD and daughter a NP. I tried to talk them into a mini aussie like I have but since they are fantastic dogs.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
With good training and exersice any dog can be great, but frenchies are famed for their breathing problems. In my country breeding them is forbidden, except if the parents have significantly longer snouts. Please find a very, very good breeder. A responsible one, my father has a Frenchie from some backyard breeder. I hate that, poor dog can barely walk out of the street without needing a break, has allergies to almost everything etc.

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
I had not hear about the french bulldog killing someone. I would have never thought one would do that but guess really any dog could. I hope the breeder my daughter is getting hers from is a good breeder without all the medical problems they can have.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had not hear about the french bulldog killing someone. I would have never thought one would do that but guess really any dog could. I hope the breeder my daughter is getting hers from is a good breeder without all the medical problems they can have.
From the article!

"The French Bulldog that fatally attacked Urso was a rescue and had previously been used to fight, Cooper said. "

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
My sister's frenchie has been to the vet a few times as a pup. He was purchased from a pet store is 5 yrs old now. I think when he was a pup he went in for a stye and he had some digestive problems from awhile. This little guy plays so hard he often hurts one of his hind legs and is so for a week. Couple months ago think his nail got caught on the carpet from playing so hard, he ended up with a little cast. Over all he is a sweet boy, no real medical issues, not since he was a pup. One thing to get ready for is he will drool on everything lol. I never leave my sister's house without drool on my somewhere. He is one spoiled pup with home made meals made for him. My sister just had a baby a month ago and he likes to have a crying contest with the baby. No barking, like a whining little yelp almost like a baby.
IMG_9562.jpg IMG953581.jpg IMG954038.jpg