• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Freezing birdy

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow. I see visitors from the US coming with suitcases full of things.

I am so so sorry.

This is truly the pitts.

Were you wanting one hearted perch or two? I'm going to a bird store this week and just wanted to check prices if they have a small one.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow. I see visitors from the US coming with suitcases full of things.

I am so so sorry.

This is truly the pitts.

Were you wanting one hearted perch or two? I'm going to a bird store this week and just wanted to check prices if they have a small one.
I was aiming for one, I'm going to check with the local pet shop but I doubt very much they have any, the word doesn't even exist in Norwegian...
I love your spelling glitch ;):heart:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Looking on the internet I found this, looks perfect, you can change the branch to a natural one instead of a plastic one
perch heater that warms tree branches

But of course it is sold out and I can't find it anywhere else, and I don't find how to buy it from heatal.com or the eggheater.tripod.com, no contact info either, weird site... Does anyone know how to find how old a website is? I suspect this one could be at least outdated.. Too bad, they have many smart heaters for birds!
They say those heaters are sold at Petco but I don't find them on Petco's site...

Last edited:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yikes! I just looked up international shipping costs to you and about fainted! $71.75 for a medium flat rate box.

Then I looked at air fare. Delta has a one way flight for $809.

Maybe you need to become best friends with someone that owns a bird store over there?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I was aiming for one, I'm going to check with the local pet shop but I doubt very much they have any, the word doesn't even exist in Norwegian...
I love your spelling glitch ;):heart:
Spelling glitch is my phone.

It changes words constantly. Who knows why? Often it is words I don't use. I just grin and bear it.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Yikes! I just looked up international shipping costs to you and about fainted! $71.75 for a medium flat rate box.

Then I looked at air fare. Delta has a one way flight for $809.

Maybe you need to become best friends with someone that owns a bird store over there?
yeah, well, you know, that perch is not THAT important, I mean, we can't find it in Norway so all the other birds manage without it, I guess Pichu will be able to too ;) Thanks for trying!! :heart: But yeah, at those rates, I could come over, buy 15 pieces and take them back for resale, the trip would suddenly be very cheap :D

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe it would fit in a small box.....

OR the small avitec panel might go into an envelope

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe it would fit in a small box.....

OR the small avitec panel might go into an envelope
thanks, I found another panel, it is very small and I have to test it before I use it but it could be an alternative. Just have to wait for it to arrive, I'll keep looking for possible good deals and ideas meanwhile

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Spelling glitch is my phone.

It changes words constantly. Who knows why? Often it is words I don't use. I just grin and bear it.
You can probably change your spell check to suggest words rather than auto replace them with what it thinks is right. I do that with my tablet and phone and it really cuts down on the wrong word getting stuffed in place of what you wanted as your either happy as typed or pick a properly spelled version from the top of your on screen keyboard.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You can probably change your spell check to suggest words rather than auto replace them with what it thinks is right. I do that with my tablet and phone and it really cuts down on the wrong word getting stuffed in place of what you wanted as your either happy as typed or pick a properly spelled version from the top of your on screen keyboard.
Does the phone have spell check? Hmmmm

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Does the phone have spell check? Hmmmm
Do you have a Android? And what brand?
In my Android I change it under Settings > More settings > Keyboard settings > Unbock Auto correction. Done!

If you haven't change your keyboard you probably have Gboard, so find settings of Gboard.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Android, something that said 8+ I think.

I'll see if I can find that later.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I use SwiftKey keyboard and like it but it was using the Google keyboard I think before and either one there's a option to only suggest spelling, auto replace, disable so if you spend some time or search your particular keyboard setup somebody should have a walk through on all the settings and what they do. Every so often my tablet gets confused and asks me to pick a default keyboard again but most times I ignore it and it continues using the one I installed to replace Android default one.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'll have a look at it! I use to write on 3 different languages and my phone doesn't get it, it always want to correct to the per default language, takes an eternity to write anything!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh cool! I’ll have to try that.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'll have a look at it! I use to write on 3 different languages and my phone doesn't get it, it always want to correct to the per default language, takes an eternity to write anything!
I have installed 3 different languages on my keyboard, that will help you too.

I tried Swift key, but bugs, drain battery and collectin everything you wrote incl card number wasn't a keyboard for me.
And it's the same with Chrome, not for me, spy on someone else..

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I was trying to communicate in Spanish (which i don't speak) with a lady who contacted me on Marketplace wanting to buy my bedspread. She doesn't speak English. So I was using Google translate but couldn't copy/paste, and my phone corrected EVERYTHING I wrote. It took us forever.

Thankfully we got it all sorted, and since she couldn't drive this far I'm taking it to her tomorrow. And I'm going to learn Spanish.