• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Freeland Gypsy Foaling Season is here AGAIN! YAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Look at those beauties! Ruby Rose is going to be one beautiful looker as an adult! WOW!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Carole, she has not delivered yet however she is very close. They have wrapped her tail and she is pacing. See if this link helps you: camhelp It is an explanation for those having camera viewing problems.
Or you can go to their FB page and see all the beautiful pics of the new babies!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Freelands-Gypsy-Horses/162089828619?ref=ts&fref=ts
Facebook will work. The site crashes Mozilla, and I do not use Internet Explorer.They really should fix that.:o: Thanks!:hug8:

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
I watched for awhile last night and amazing. But one this bothers me after going through their other foal cam videos. Why have they bred Tara each year since 2009? Shouldn't a Mare get a years rest between foals?

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
I haven't had time to watch any of the archived births. I wonder also...

blackivory

Real Name
Chels
I watched for awhile last night and amazing. But one this bothers me after going through their other foal cam videos. Why have they bred Tara each year since 2009? Shouldn't a Mare get a years rest between foals?
Nobody knows?

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I sent Beth an email and asked about the frequency of breeding her mares. Here is her response.

Hi Judy,

I breed my mares each year on the advice of my equine vet. They are thoroughly examined and evaluated prior to repeat breeding. Mares that are in good physical condition and have no problems are perfectly fine and happy having foals each year.

Ruby is doing great. She and Rosa are outside with the other mares and foals. You should be able to catch her on the outside cams.

Thanks for sharing our site with your friends.

Have a great day.

Beth Freeland
freelandsgypsyhorses.com

southernbirds

Just a joy to behold. This is a very special experience to be able to see nature at its best. Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.