• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
Hi everyone

I'm a pet bird enthusiast and in my spare time I've developed an app for mobile devices called BirdBuddy. It's 100% free and lets you log and monitor your bird's progress through life.

You can create a timeline of life events, monitor diet, set up notifications and browse a broad knowledge base. You can even show your birds off to other users.

Try it now on Android. Available on Google Play Store:

BirdBuddy - Apps on Google Play

If you give it a go and send me feedback with suggestions, I'll send you a free BirdBuddy t-shirt too

Thanks

Nick

Attachments

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I might check it out if there was an iPhone app! Sounds pretty cool!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Good for you creating this app! I would check it out too, but I have an iPhone.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm on android. I'm checking out the app now

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The chat option isn't working for me. It says I have a message but when I go to check it, it says error

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

No iPhone?
That was going to be my question also. I would like to look at and try this app as it sounds great. I would like to know when it is available for iphones, is there a way to make sure i can find out as soon as it is available?

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
That was going to be my question also. I would like to look at and try this app as it sounds great. I would like to know when it is available for iphones, is there a way to make sure i can find out as soon as it is available?
Hi and thanks for your interest. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually announce the iPhone version on the app's facebook page which is:

Bird Buddy - Home | Facebook

so if you like/follow it, you'll get to find out :) Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hi and thanks for your interest. I'm pretty sure I'll eventually announce the iPhone version on the app's facebook page which is:

Bird Buddy - Home | Facebook

so if you like/follow it, you'll get to find out :) Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Is there another way to find out about it? I do not have FB and do not ever wish to use it.

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
I phone, please!

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
I will state right away that the Greater Vasa isn't on the selection choice of the drop down menu. There also isn't an 'About' section regarding the species. Just thought I'd mention that :)
Hey Brittany0208

Just wanted to let you know that I have added the Greater Vasa to BirdBuddy's knowledge base so it can now be selected in the version available in the Google Play Store.

If you want to use this feature you will need to reinstall the app so here's what to do:

1) Make sure you remember the email address and password you used for your BirdBuddy profile
2) Uninstall BirdBuddy
3) Install BirdBuddy from the Play Store
4) In the BirdBuddy home page, tap 'Recover Profile' and use your email/password to get your info back

Then you can select Greater Vasa Parrot when setting up a new bird. The chat function has also been improved.

I hope this helps and thanks again for your suggestions.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey Brittany0208

Just wanted to let you know that I have added the Greater Vasa to BirdBuddy's knowledge base so it can now be selected in the version available in the Google Play Store.

If you want to use this feature you will need to reinstall the app so here's what to do:

1) Make sure you remember the email address and password you used for your BirdBuddy profile
2) Uninstall BirdBuddy
3) Install BirdBuddy from the Play Store
4) In the BirdBuddy home page, tap 'Recover Profile' and use your email/password to get your info back

Then you can select Greater Vasa Parrot when setting up a new bird. The chat function has also been improved.

I hope this helps and thanks again for your suggestions.
Awesome! Thank you.