• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
So I just got a notification telling me I had a chat but when I go to find it there is nothing there. I also tried to send a chat to Brittany about Java but I do not think it went however I am not sure.
How can I find a chat that I am told is there if the chat area tells me I have no chats going?

I also can not find the "show BB space users" button like it says I should be able to in the knowledge base section. Can you help me with this? There is a "New Search" and "Invite Friend" button but I can not find the other one anywhere in the app??

It is not glitching every time I load a new page now so maybe it was some thing to do with my end, not sure how these things work.

Last edited:

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
So I just got a notification telling me I had a chat but when I go to find it there is nothing there. I also tried to send a chat to Brittany about Java but I do not think it went however I am not sure.
How can I find a chat that I am told is there if the chat area tells me I have no chats going?

I also can not find the "show BB space users" button like it says I should be able to in the knowledge base section. Can you help me with this? There is a "New Search" and "Invite Friend" button but I can not find the other one anywhere in the app??

It is not glitching every time I load a new page now so maybe it was some thing to do with my end, not sure how these things work.
Hey Shezbug

I've been able to have a quick chat with Brittany before so that should work. I got your chat message in the convo you started with me, and have replied to it. Take a look and see if you've got my reply in the 'Chats' section. I think there's a problem with the chat function if people change their username after their initial profile setup. I'll sort that out in the next release.

And it seems I owe you an apology as the bit of the User Manual you refer to - the button that says 'Show BB Space Users' - is outdated and its now the green button that says "Enter BBSpace!", which appears in the BBSpace page under the yellow search config button. That too will be amended in the manual of the next release.

Cheers

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
I just downloaded the app, and I love the weight tracker on there! It's nice to have an easy and convenient way to store weight data in graph form. :)

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
I just downloaded the app, and I love the weight tracker on there! It's nice to have an easy and convenient way to store weight data in graph form. :)
Thanks so much. It's so nice and encouraging to get positive comments. Just FYI, if you create a user profile then you can also save your bird's data - including weight data - to 'BBSpace', which is basically a server, and then you'd be able to restore all that data on any other device any time if needed using email/password.

If you have any suggestions to make the app better for your needs, let me know :)

Last edited:

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
Good to know, thank you!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
I am on I phone and searched for this app but did not see it. I saw budgie buddy and a BirdieBuddies . Is that the one? On kindle yet?
I'd 100% use it if it were on kindle

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
I'd 100% use it if it were on kindle
Hey HolliDaze

Thanks for your interest. For reasons as silly as they are boring, the BirdBuddy app in the App Store is known as 'My Bird Buddy', so if you search for that in the App Store you should see it. Green icon. Let me know if you still can't find it.

EDIT: oops just saw you are kindle-only. To be honest, I don't have the first clue how to port this thing to Kindle. Sorry.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Hey HolliDaze

Thanks for your interest. For reasons as silly as they are boring, the BirdBuddy app in the App Store is known as 'My Bird Buddy', so if you search for that in the App Store you should see it. Green icon. Let me know if you still can't find it.
I can't find it. Kindle fire uses its own app store, loads of apps aren't available on it. The app that shows up is called "stupid deaths"

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´ve downloaded the app. I have also added Sydney.

May I suggest a gender unknown option.

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
A medication section would be awesome for people that have birds on medications, but the events section could work for this. Something to help track lab testing and what knot would be great as well! So for example I just had a ton of blood work done for Jenks so it would be really cool to be able to keep track of the results in the app. Thanks much for the hard work on this it's great!

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Is there a file section to attach vet records too? I still can't use the app but it'd be useful if it does

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cool, thanks for taking the time to make this and offering it for free :)

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
HolliDaze & Teckechick:

Interesting ideas which I promise I will bother you about later but it's way past bedtime where I'm at so I'll pick your ideas up tomorrow. Cheers!

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Night and thanks again nice work!

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
Is there a file section to attach vet records too? I still can't use the app but it'd be useful if it does
At the moment there is just the ability to load up to 6 extra pictures related each bird. These pictures could be of vet related documents. However the pictures are automatically made available for other users to see if you opt in to publish your profile in BBSpace (you can opt in or out at any time in the profile settings page, but if you opt out then you can't see other people's profiles either).

So if this existing functionality isn't adequate, I'd suggest a few new possibilities:

1) Add individual opt-ins per-bird for publishing in BBSpace
2) Flag up which extra images are shown or hidden in BBSpace
3) Allow the linking of non-image files to each bird
4) Allow the linking of any file type to a Life Event so you could have a 'visited vet' life event with an associated attachment
5) A separate 'documents' section available in the 'Birds List' view where there is just a list of various docs you have linked to the selected bird in the list, which can be opened with whatever app your device uses to open the particular file type.

If you have other potential solutions. let me know.

If you guys reading this would find any of these options useful, feel free to chime in and maybe we can build a consensus around something that would work for the widest possible audience.

Cheers

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
A medication section would be awesome for people that have birds on medications, but the events section could work for this. Something to help track lab testing and what knot would be great as well! So for example I just had a ton of blood work done for Jenks so it would be really cool to be able to keep track of the results in the app. Thanks much for the hard work on this it's great!
Hi Teckechick

This sounds interesting but my only experience with taking birds to the vet was for gender determination, wing clipping and once for an eye infection in a cockatiel. So basically, I'd need plenty of guidance on how this could be implemented. When you say 'keep track of the results' do you mean like just attaching document files to a bird's profile? Or would it involve drawing graphs similar to the existing weight tracking functionality? Or something else?

If you have time to go into it in more detail, please do and either post it here or PM me if its overly technical.

Cheers