• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free flight?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anyone can be anyone on the internet. I don't know them, but this person whom Hankmacaw linked to met them in person, & if he were lying publicly & not concealing his identity, he would've been sued by now. That's a very serious allegation. Yet it would seem that he's not been legally ordered to remove the allegation nor has he been sued. So I think there's truth in it.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Chris Biro has been free flying parrots (and other species) for 27 years - Bird Tricks for maybe 3-4 years. I know who I would trust.

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
Phelan of www.parrotvolancy.com has taken Chris Biros' training course that is targeted to macaws and formulated her own recipe for flying Cockatiels.

She successfully freeflies a group of 4 Green Cheek Conure and 2 Cockatiels (also 2 Galahs but those are considered good for freeflight to most). She has attempted budgies but does not believe it is possible without a large flock.
Also Paws, Claws, and Feathers of IG freeflies two? cockatiels.
Another friend of mine freeflies a small conure that is similar in size to GCC, and ANOTHER flies Alexandrines.

Phelan is mentoring a lovebird owner for freeflight and they just recently had the first and second successful free flight. She is helping me with my BCC.

Small birds are possible, there is just an ENTIRELY different science on it - that has not been fully explored yet.

102% go with a mentor no matter what size or species you fly. But if you're going with a small species, I'd highly recommend seeking Phelan out for mentorship.
Go see FF live, and know that everything comes with freeflying. It's not to be taken lightly and is CERTAINLY not for everyone.

Last edited: