• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free flight adventures !!

Kate&Bean

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kate Ivey
I finally worked up the nerve to bird proof and let Frankie and Maude out. They were eating seeds on my hand right outside the door and Maude went to explore. She was pretty scared (me too) and seemed to have trouble finding her way back. I read suggestions on having a perch outside the door and letting them come out on their own (seeds was probably trickery lol). I also realized that I probably scared her more trying to help.
So the next day I put the perch out and turned off helicopter mom and it was perfect !! They weren’t super great at flying but they were safe. And they found their way back and even found a seed bowl to have a snack.

We tried again today and it was even better ! They flew from the perch to the corner of the bed like they were practicing flying. And they’d hop over to check me out a bit
It’s sweet watching them become better Flyers even with just a little practice. They also seem more comfortable with me when I’m near the cage.

I’m so glad I was able to read on here for suggestions and feel safe knowing they’d go back when they’re hungry!! We all thank you !!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That´s great! I bet they´re having so much fun! :)