• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free Avian Adventures Nina cage?

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Would anyone near the lower mainland of BC, Canada be interested in a used Avian Adventures Nina dometop cage? Free for pickup.

This was my budgie's old cage and I had used it as a temporary cage for Pico when we were waiting for our local shop to stock on Pico's current cage.

I debated on maybe using it as a boarding cage for Pico but I found out that my breeder doesn't require us to bring our own cages for boarding birds.

It's in very good condition and is completely screw free to assemble.

The left cage panel (where the two feeder doors are) does have a very slight dent probably from moving so when assembling you do have use a bit of force to push the tab into the hole. I was able to assemble the cage by myself but it's definitely easier with a second person person to help. I also do have the third bowl and bowl holder for that third feeder door too. Just have to dig it up from storage.

Bar spacing is 1/2" and I think cage size is 18" by 18". It is on the smaller end for a cage but probably could be used as a good sleep cage or temporary boarding cage since it's so easy to assemble & disassemble.

I've wiped it with f10 and water but due to the weather here I haven't had a chance to hose it down outside yet.

20221224_081500.jpg 20221224_081509.jpg 20221224_081518.jpg 20221224_081529.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's so kind of you. Somebirdie will be very lucky to snag this.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Would anyone near the lower mainland of BC, Canada be interested in a used Avian Adventures Nina dometop cage? Free for pickup.

This was my budgie's old cage and I had used it as a temporary cage for Pico when we were waiting for our local shop to stock on Pico's current cage.

I debated on maybe using it as a boarding cage for Pico but I found out that my breeder doesn't require us to bring our own cages for boarding birds.

It's in very good condition and is completely screw free to assemble.

The left cage panel (where the two feeder doors are) does have a very slight dent probably from moving so when assembling you do have use a bit of force to push the tab into the hole. I was able to assemble the cage by myself but it's definitely easier with a second person person to help. I also do have the third bowl and bowl holder for that third feeder door too. Just have to dig it up from storage.

Bar spacing is 1/2" and I think cage size is 18" by 18". It is on the smaller end for a cage but probably could be used as a good sleep cage or temporary boarding cage since it's so easy to assemble & disassemble.

I've wiped it with f10 and water but due to the weather here I haven't had a chance to hose it down outside yet.

View attachment 419852 View attachment 419853 View attachment 419854 View attachment 419855
I wish I was closer!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yep, wish I was closer as price is right and the fosters who are basically mine now have lived in tiny cages their whole lives, but home is home. Hope a very deserving birdy gets a nice new home soon.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I just wanna know what sorcery they used that holds it together without screws!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just wanna know what sorcery they used that holds it together without screws!
It's really ingenious design! The panels all have these tabs that slide into tab holes on the adjacent panel so you just put them together like a puzzle piece and the cage top pegs holds it all together :laugh-bounce:

Tabs
20221224_112155.jpg
Tab hole
20221224_112327.jpg
Cage top with peg for sliding in the bigger holes on the panels
20221224_112520.jpg

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
That's so nice of you to offer it to someone.
I'm sure someone will really appreciate it. :dance4:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very nice of you to give the cage away for free. I am a fan of Avian Adventures cages.
I'm really only comfortable offering for free on here tbh. I would post it on FB marketplace or Kijiji or something but I've seen people flip free stuff for profit so I opted not to.

I really hope it gets a good home since I still have memories of saving up for it back in the day haha

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well you might want to check on what it would cost to ship it and see if that helps somebody decide to get it from you if they pay for shipping. Don't know if it's worth your time but something to consider.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well you might want to check on what it would cost to ship it and see if that helps somebody decide to get it from you if they pay for shipping. Don't know if it's worth your time but something to consider.
If anyone really wants it and would like message me their postal code and city I don't mind getting a quote online but my guess would be that shipping costs would exceed $200 CAD easily since shipping is so expensive here :confused:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well that is what I figured so probably wouldn't be worth it for either side of the deal.
Hopefully somebody close enough will get it. Would make a great home for a smaller bird.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well that is what I figured so probably wouldn't be worth it for either side of the deal.
Hopefully somebody close enough will get it. Would make a great home for a smaller bird.
Yeah it's unfortunate :(

Well I might put in storage for the time being if there are no one can take it. Maybe if anyone plans a trip near me at anytime in the future and wants to grab it off my hands, that could work then....

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Maybe if an AAer has their eye on it, a transport could be arranged with each person in between driving a short distance. If not, I'd consider a rescue.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Rescues will happily take them so they would be my choice of place to send it to or you could advertise it for money then no one would be flipping it.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
If not, I'd consider a rescue.
Rescues will happily take them so they would be my choice of place to send it to or you could advertise it for money then no one would be flipping it.
I did email Greyhaven asking if they would want it. I'll see what they say! :)