• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fred and Sheldon vids a year apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdinand

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Its been a great year with these guys from the moment Fred snuggled into my fuzzy robe :heart: or Sheldon waddled around along the floor looking for me :hug8:
from April last year :)

and from a couple weeks ago :cool1:

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Their red is beautiful!

Matt

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are so pretty! Conures sure have silly personalities.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are spectacular!!!

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Thanks everyone :) Reflecting back, these wonderful guys were probably our tipping point in getting more birds and basically changing our lives...:heart: I think this is when the MBS infected me. :D

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
I just realized that the two vids are basically in the same spot except on opposite sides. The first vid shows the deck in the back..which became the bird room and the second vid is from the bird room about where the deck was on the first vid (the doorway is where the windows were in the first vid)...dang I just confused myself :huh:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Love the videos. You can really see the big difference between juvenile and adult coloration. BTW, how would you compare this species temperament to your Suns? :cool10:

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Love the videos. You can really see the big difference between juvenile and adult coloration. BTW, how would you compare this species temperament to your Suns? :cool10:
Thanks! The Crimson Bellied Conures are similar in many ways to the Suns. They both have want to be with you and flighted or not - they will come looking for you. The Crimsons are quieter, but may be vocal more often than the Suns and also have a lot of different sounds they make depending on the situation. The Suns don't seem to have as much variety in their calls/noises The Crimsons are more assertive..even with their size disadvantage to the Suns, they are usually the ones calling the shots. Both species are busy, active birds, but the Crimsons are more feisty...and tend to be a bit more stubborn in what they want...This may all be skewed in the fact that Fred and Sheldon have always been close and do most everything together while Udo and Lucy are now just getting along and don't do nearly as many things together.

Status
Not open for further replies.