• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fray update

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
As many of you may know. My hamster Fray stopped eating while I was on vacation and was very weak and skinny when I got back. I had someone feeding him, but he is very picky and likes to be put directly onto his food. At first he didn't want to eat anything but black beans, peaunt butter, and cooked grains. Eventually he started eating some goldenfeast.
Now that he's back to his normal routine and it's been a few weeks, he's eating completely normally again. He has gained all of the weight that he lost back and is very active. Now, he expects me to give him a yogurt drop whenever I feed him. :rofl: He will sit and wait for that yogurt drop and will not eat anything until I give it to him. Not the healthiest, but at least he's eating. I've found that he does not like the hamster food anymore, but really likes goldenfeast. I'm trying to wean him off of it because all the fruit isn't the healthiest either. I am going to try the Goldenfeast furry beasts of the field but it still seems to have quite a bit of fruit. :rolleyes: If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be much welcomed.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I'm glad to hear he's eating better now, Allison!:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award