• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Frankie settling in

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Finally, Frankie is starting to settle in to our new house and is letting his personality shine through.
He still won't play with his toys or hut through the day, even though I set everything up for him. He doesn't like the kitchen floor unless he's using it to get outside. During the nice weather hubby and I will leave the patio doors open and Frankie will run over to them, look at us , then try to sneak outside lol. He won't do it unless we're both in the kitchen, so it must be a security thing. He's still wary because I tell him the big birds are outside and will eat him.
We did let him step out the other day and watched him to see what he would do. He just looked at us and said "c'mere" over and over until we went outside with him.
At night he sits on his stand in the living room and watches TV until I say "almost bed time".
Then he gets on the floor and calls me to "c'mere mum" then it's play time, with him rolling over to get his feet tickled and laughing like crazy.
Last night hubby didn't see him hiding under the coffee table and Frankie ran out and bopped his foot. Hubby jumped about a foot in the air and Frankie couldn't stop laughing. We all had a good laugh about it.
The change with Frankie and hubby is so sweet now compared to Frankie chasing hubby out the kitchen at our old house.
Hubby is so happy and shows everyone how he can handle Frankie now. Frankie steps up so easily, rides on his shoulder, and they always have a 5-10 minute boys play time before bed where hubby gets Frankie all wound up playing with his toys. Then it's kisses back and forth between them before hubby goes to bed.
It's great living with 3 two year olds...hubby, Frankie and of course Dolly. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m so pleased to hear Frankie is settling in well. :starshower1:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I’m so pleased to hear Frankie is settling in well. :starshower1:
Thank you. I'm going to move the carpet near his cage today so see if he will come down and play with his toys. He's not even bothering with his "favorite" toy. :think1: