• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Frankie Escaped

Chris82

Strolling the yard
Frankie escaped on Monday and was found 20 miles away in a place called Fintry in Scotland. He is looking a bit scraggly and is missing some of his crest. He seems fine but I'm going to take him to the vet for a check up. He is obviously very tired but is eating and drinking well and playing in his cage. Should i give him some supplements to help build his strength as he seems quite light now. He must have been so scared. So happy i got him back but I'm worried about after effects from his ordeal.

Chris82

Strolling the yard
It is so amazingly wonderful... that he was found AND RETURNED TO YOU from that distance!!!
What did you do to alert neighborhood, police, vets etc??
I posted on all the lost and found pages on Facebook and contacted the Scottish Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to alert them, a photo of him was posted on a lost parrot page on Facebook and i picked h8m up last night.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Quite an adventure for the little guy! I'm so happy he was found and is now home :)

Is he a picky eater, or does he eat well normally? I'm sure if he normally eats well, he'll pick back up on his weight in no time! Maybe ask your vet while he is there if something extra in his food would be helpful for him.

Chris82

Strolling the yard
Quite an adventure for the little guy! I'm so happy he was found and is now home :)

Is he a picky eater, or does he eat well normally? I'm sure if he normally eats well, he'll pick back up on his weight in no time! Maybe ask your vet while he is there if something extra in his food would be helpful for him.
Yeah he eats well normally, he's still very quiet and sleepy so i hope he perks up soon. Just sleeping on my shoulder now.

Catti

Meeting neighbors
I'm so happy you got Frankie back! Sometimes I wonder when an animal escapes they're like, "Yeah! Freedom! This is awesome! Wait, there's no one to give me food. OMG everything's scary! Aww it's raining! It's too hot/cold! This sucks! I wanna go home."

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah he eats well normally, he's still very quiet and sleepy so i hope he perks up soon. Just sleeping on my shoulder now.
I’m sure he’s exhausted, poor baby! I know you’ll feel better once his vet has a look at him.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so happy you found him!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good to hear you got Frankie back poor chap must be shattered.
Maybe give him some extra treats hopefully the vet gives him the thumbs up and you can post a update that all is ok.
20 miles is one hell of a jaunt especially with the temperature we have been having in the UK this last week.
Hopefully he is not to dehydrated

Gabby22

Meeting neighbors
That is amazing! If Frankie could talk what a survival story he would have to tell you! I bet he was as glad to see you as you were to see him. :bliss:Very glad you got him back! You got one wee tough bird there! Give him a tickle on the head for me.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sounds like what happened with the GCC I was given that randomly flew into a warehouse and landed on the first friendly person she saw. He thought it was my lost bird Lurch but he's a Maxi Pionus and has been gone 5 years. He couldn't safely keep her so we went and picked her up and she spent the first two days just sitting on me and sleeping, preening me, and getting scritches. She got a clean bill of health and nobody has claimed her so she's home with us and happy. So lucky your little one was found and returned to you. He definitely needs some loving and all the forbidden treats he can eat. Hopefully his checkup goes well. Pippen has many blackened wing feathers from all the flying and bouncing through bushes and things trying to stay alive and find a safe place.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
If I lost my bird I would call the fire station...police station...pound...all poeple I know... The town's small news paper...I know it sounds silly, I don't know how heart broken I'd be without one of them, I'm SO glad you got your bird back, that is amazing

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that Frankie found his way home.

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
Frankie escaped on Monday and was found 20 miles away in a place called Fintry in Scotland. He is looking a bit scraggly and is missing some of his crest. He seems fine but I'm going to take him to the vet for a check up. He is obviously very tired but is eating and drinking well and playing in his cage. Should i give him some supplements to help build his strength as he seems quite light now. He must have been so scared. So happy i got him back but I'm worried about after effects from his ordeal.
So glad you got him back, really scarry

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
Poor boy

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so glad you were able to get him back home!! :starshower1: :heart:

Chris82

Strolling the yard
The avian vet has given Frankie the all clear, there is some slight damage to his left wing feathers and he has half a crest, must have got attacked by something or crash landed but otherwise he is fine, still quiet apart from the odd chirrup when he's eating. So relieved