• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Frankie back his old self (almost)

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Mr. FRANCO is back to his old ways grrr.
I was in the kitchen preparing veggies for him and Dolly, so when I was walking through the kitchen I showed him Dolly's and he was like "mmmm" so I left it there for about 10 seconds to turn around and get his and I hear
"clang clang".
He tossed the dish all over the floor.
So he gets no veggies now until dinner time, while Dolly gets to enjoy hers.
Total brat today!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is great news!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Nòooooooooo not good news lol
Around here that is normal as well, and some times, whether we like it or not, it lets us know that they are happy and content, so to me that is good news.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Nòooooooooo not good news lol
Around here that is normal as well, and some times, whether we like it or not, it lets us know that they are happy and content, so to me that is good news.
I'd worry something was wrong with Burt if he did not throw absolutely everything he can get his beak on across the room or just straight onto the floor, the more noise and mess it makes the happier he seems to be with himself lol

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you get a harness on him? If so take him outside & fly him. That may wear him down some so he's not so aggressive, especially during breeding season. Hartman's make the aviator harness & you can get a long lead to attach to it.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you get a harness on him? If so take him outside & fly him. That may wear him down some so he's not so aggressive, especially during breeding season. Hartman's make the aviator harness & you can get a long lead to attach to it.
Oops I am multi tasking and mixed up where I was at- If you saw my comment before I deleted it I am sorry for the confusion of me answering you for a thread I was not in lol

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I have got an aviator harness coming for them both for Xmas. All domestic birds are banned from going outside in the UK due to avian flu.
It will give me a few months to get them both used to it. It should be fun trying to get one on Frankie. To be honest I think I will have better luck with Dolly.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Oops I am multi tasking and mixed up where I was at- If you saw my comment before I deleted it I am sorry for the confusion of me answering you for a thread I was not in lol
Lol no worries jump in anytime :)

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Omg @Shezbug is Burt being aggressive now too?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Omg @Shezbug is Burt being aggressive now too?
Yep, I thought I was in my thread when I replied to Toy lol. I was trying to do too many things at once lol

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Yep, I thought I was in my thread when I replied to Toy lol. I was trying to do too many things at once lol
Well if it makes you feel any better, Frankie is back to playing on the kitchen floor again (yay) but is displaying when we go in there.
I just say "Oh stop it Frankie, it's mommy's kitchen, not yours" or "beep beep" and he moves.
Hubby isn't so lucky. Frankie is chasing him out again.
Meanwhile, when I was trying to clean the mess he made he came running over to me and I knew he wanted to stop me from putting his toys away. He was wanting to bang my leg, but I saw that little glint in his eye he gets when he's being naughty so just told him "alright Franco time for bed....up you go". And off he went into his cage like a good boy then proceeded to scream bloody murder because be couldn't get out. Lol
They do test their limits with us.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I have been trying to keep HRH Frankie contained to one part of the kitchen so hubby can get in from work safely, but Frankie is having none of that and taking over the whole kitchen again. (sigh).
He's rearranging everything I put into place, including his hut. He grabs the side and moves it where HE wants it.
His toys are from one end of the kitchen to the other.
I swear I must clean up in there (watching my toes) about 8 times a day if not more.
Of course, when hubby comes in and asks what I did all day, I want to strangle him. (hubby, not Frankie).

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Great update :)