• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found parakeet, Spokane Washington

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He’s a beauty! I hope his people can be found!

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such beautiful coloration!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would recommend getting in touch with local vets and rescues, and putting up an ad on facebook and any local sites and/or lost and found sites. You can also inform Parrot Alert and Parrot 911.

I recommend not adding a photo. Lots of people will chance it and say that it's their bird in the hope of getting a free pet. The actual owner will be able to describe their pet.

He (I think) is very beautiful and distinctive - I hope someone who loves him is out there searching for him.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
There was a second one found in a different part of town, has the same diluted mutation that my Phoenix has. I won’t add a picture of this one for the safety as tka suggested

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, handsome! Hope he finds his way home...If not could have been a buddy for Phoenix if Raju had not been taken in...

Looks like he was taken care of & probably is missed but you never know sometimes people let them go thinking its OK.

I feel by his cheek patches he is mixed with English.

:angel6:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's not a random looking budgie. The mods can take the pic down for you, but I think anyone who had him would surely have pictures of him in their home in a different pose than in your pic. Very odd that two budgies got out.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Least he is safe now. Make sure you get positive id etc other photos of him or band #. He's a beauty!
Anyone who claims to have lost him should have least taken a single photo of him. I imagine no one established on AA will try to claim him falsely but when you put out feelers to the public let them provide proof to id him.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Any further news on this bird?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Any further news on this bird?
No ones claimed the birds yet. The second one that was found has a new home lined up if the owner doesn’t claim it within a few days, and I think the first one will be staying with the neighbor that found him if the owner doesn’t claim

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
maybe you can keep us updated on the neighbors bird if the owner doesn't come forward

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Oh no, that's too bad that the second one passed.

I had a similar situation a few months ago when my friend found a budgie outside at her work. (The budgie had run into the big glass window in the front of the building and she caught it after a little while.) And it was the same thing, where a 2nd one was found the same day in the same town by a different person. There was tons of facebook posts out on lost and found pet sites saying they had been found and we posted on parrot alert etc. After a while we gave up on finding the owner and my friend gave her to me and the 2nd one was adopted by someone else. We think that they had been purposely released possibly.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry about the second bird. At least it died knowing it was cared for. I was going to suggest that the two finders try to determine if they know each other. Especially since neither has been claimed, I think they came from the same place & may have been friends. I hope the second bird pulls through.