• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found lovebird in Morningside Park, NYC

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Somebody in a Facebook group suggested that I give him to the Bronx Zoo. The thought of sending him to go live in a cage once again after he's had such a taste of freedom makes me sad, so the idea of sending him to go live in a large aviary with other lovebirds is very appealing. Thoughts?
Best Idea I have heard so far. He is a survivor. I am sure they would want some kind of medical check befoe realease into their aviary. Hopefully they have the funds to do that. You are doing all you can do and more for this little guy or gal. :goodluck:

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If he is able to move into an aviary there, it will be a wonderful indoor aviary.

I didn't take pics of the one that I think was Lovebirds, but he would probably love it! There were lots of fun branches to play and climb on.

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
Long Island Parrot Rescue has him now and I’m seeking to adopt him! Thanks so much for saving him! I’ll keep you posted
Yes, I had put him up for adoption through their program!

However, as I am relocating for the winter, I decided to speed up the process and I reached out to the parrot placement people at the Long Island Parrot Society to see if they have anyone who could foster/adopt him, and they connected me with some people. Today I was able to drop him off at the Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine in Manhattan. I am not sure what the plan for him is -- whether the Center will try and place him in a home on their own, or whether he will continue to be a part of LIPS' adoption program. I would suggest reaching out to both LIPS and the Center for Avian/Exotic Medicine and see what is going on! Good luck!