• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found a Budgie Outside

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I was at the grocery store and saw a budgie in the parking lot. My significant other and I drove home to grab millet and a travel cage to try and catch it. The budgie would not come near us, of course, and flew to different trees in the parking lot. Then a guy came up to us with millet and a big net and asked us if we were trying to catch the budgie. We said yes. The guy told us he had been trying to capture this budgie for the past month, usually spending 2 hours a day trying to rescue it. He said on a few occasions one of his friends brought her caged budgies and they put an open cage with millet next to her caged budgies, hoping they could capture the budgie in this manner. I guess that didn't work either. I'm worried this poor little guy is going to freeze to death, because every night the weather is below freezing.

It's a normal green variety living in the trees in the parking lot in Madison, WI. Message me for more details.
:crycry:

Last edited:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
If you could figure out where he is roosting at night, perhaps you could snag him while he sleeps with a big net. Of course he might be hard to find after dark.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We used a flashlight after sundown when our green cheek got out. He practically glowed in the light & we were able to locate him in a tree. Budgie feathers are probably the same way. :fingerscrossed:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Oh no, hope the fella is going to be alright :( i would try some sorry of trap, it's sad when things get this desperate

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sometimes you just can't catch them but its great some have been trying. :sad5:

:goodluck::angel1: