• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found a boyfriend for Jellybean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
I've finally found a boyfriend for Jellybean!! :chipmunks:
I go to get him tomorrow afternoon. This is a re-home and he is 2.5 yrs old and doesn't have a name. I think I've got a name all picked out - 2 actually - but I'll wait to see him to decide...
I can't wait to go get him tomorrow afternoon!! I'll have pics once I get home!!:cheer::cheer:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:dancing::dancing:
OK you really have to give us more on the story!!!!!:hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:dance4: Yay! Hopefully this will help her little mood. Can't wait to see him.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:)What kind of parrot?

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
It's a lovebird from what I can see since Jellybean is a lovie.

Congrats, can't wait to see photos!! :dance4::dance4:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Congrats cant wait to see him :D

are you coming home with 1 bird or 2 birds? lol
Shhhhhh... :rofl:
I'm not sure... I thought I had made up my mind, but I will decide once I get there. She has 2 2009 babies - 1 rosey bourke and 1 regular bourke... We'll see which one likes me best :heart:

:dancing::dancing:
OK you really have to give us more on the story!!!!!:hug8:
I had posted another thread http://forums.avianavenue.com/lovebird-lane/4166-my-wits-end.html at my frustration with Jellybean biting. I've read all I can, tried many different things and yet she is still a pirhana!! I know have much sympathy for Ginger and her Zamir and Kelli and her Roxy. No wonder they sometimes call lovebirds little feathered dragons :hehe: I'm tryin a last ditch effort that a boyrfirend will help things out. It worked for her momma... Her mother still bites, but she doesn't "seek-and-destroy" :lol: which JB now does...

:)What kind of parrot?
Jellybean is my female peachface lovebird, so her boyfriend is also a peachface. You are not supposed to mix peachface and masked, altho I could have chosen a masked as well.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I don't know if a Rosie would be a good match with a Lovie, and Jellybean could do some serious damage to those laid back peaceful little birds.

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
yup a lovie..i dont know if a rosie would be such a good mtch..you would have to absolutely supervise like 24-7 bring the rosy home just cause you want to

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I've finally found a boyfriend for Jellybean!! :chipmunks:
I go to get him tomorrow afternoon. This is a re-home and he is 2.5 yrs old and doesn't have a name. I think I've got a name all picked out - 2 actually - but I'll wait to see him to decide...
I can't wait to go get him tomorrow afternoon!! I'll have pics once I get home!!:cheer::cheer:
Oh that is so exciting!!!!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
I don't know if a Rosie would be a good match with a Lovie, and Jellybean could do some serious damage to those laid back peaceful little birds.

Ginger
yup a lovie..i dont know if a rosie would be such a good mtch..you would have to absolutely supervise like 24-7 bring the rosy home just cause you want to
Oh you misunderstand... perhaps it is my fault... I had a previous converasation via PM with ATV earlier in the week and she knew about my intentions to get 2 birds...lol

Jellybean is getting a peachface LOVIE boyfriend.

I am ALSO getting a bourke - SEPARATELY, to live in another cage alone...
I miss my Yogi SOOOOO much and I just LOVED his personality that this was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up... I just can't take both bourkes at this time, so I have reserved the rosie, but it really depends when I get there.... She has 1 rosie and 1 regular bourke.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
:( its not tomorrow yet? :rofl:

I hope getting JB a boyfriend will make her Straighten up and fly right!

Roxy is mad at me yet again and all I did was give her clean water - some times it does NOT pay to be nice! LOL

but she's a bit happier she is out of my room again and back in the bird room beside Pugsley But She's not going to get near him until She starts being nice to him and he's got his feathers back and If she's mean to him again then I'll get him a new girl friend eventually or Just leave him as a single male he doesn't seem to care rather he has a girly friend or not as long as he has his swing and toys and a bath on a daily basis LOL

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Lol we have a female peach face lovie as well and yep she is also a little biter. None of those little love nips either like you would expect from a small bird nope she bites hard and hangs on like a little bulldog:evilgrin:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwell by all means feed the mbs :dancing:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Thank you for explaining!
One thing to make you aware of....DON'T put him in with her!!!! Over the years I found that female love birds were like female rabbits....they CAN kill the male if he goes to the females cage......not saying this will happen to yours...but I have had this happen to me and other breeders have also told me about it...Given them plenty of time to adjust to each other after "Q" time....watch how she reacts around him....
this is just a heads up from me...not to scare you but to alert you...:hug8:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Lol we have a female peach face lovie as well and yep she is also a little biter. None of those little love nips either like you would expect from a small bird nope she bites hard and hangs on like a little bulldog:evilgrin:
I hear ya!! That's why I call her my little pirhana! :rofl:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwell by all means feed the mbs :dancing:
Ya I know, eh? I totally have MBS!! :rofl: But the little bourke is such a deal I can't resist!!

Thank you for explaining!
One thing to make you aware of....DON'T put him in with her!!!! Over the years I found that female love birds were like female rabbits....they CAN kill the male if he goes to the females cage......not saying this will happen to yours...but I have had this happen to me and other breeders have also told me about it...Given them plenty of time to adjust to each other after "Q" time....watch how she reacts around him....
this is just a heads up from me...not to scare you but to alert you...:hug8:
Thanks BF!! I have already spoken to the boy's current owner as she is also a breeder. She told me to put the male into the cage that I want them to BOTH eventually live in. JB is currently in the large flight with her brother Sherbert and Kessie the tiel. Since she is already territorial, getting a boyfriend, and there is the potential for egg laying, I had already planned to separate the couple into their own cage. They will be taking over Kessie's old cage. It is a large cockatiel cage. JB and her "blind date" :)rofl:) will have lots of time to adjust before I move her into HIS cage :D
Thanks for the heads up tho!!:highfive: So nice to know you all care :D:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hopefully Jellybean thinks he's "boyfriend" worthy also. That is not something you can not decide. :)

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Congrats!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Oh you misunderstand... perhaps it is my fault... I had a previous converasation via PM with ATV earlier in the week and she knew about my intentions to get 2 birds...lol

Jellybean is getting a peachface LOVIE boyfriend.

I am ALSO getting a bourke - SEPARATELY, to live in another cage alone...
I miss my Yogi SOOOOO much and I just LOVED his personality that this was an opportunity I just couldn't pass up... I just can't take both bourkes at this time, so I have reserved the rosie, but it really depends when I get there.... She has 1 rosie and 1 regular bourke.
I LOVE my Rosy Bourke Willow, she is such a sweet, outgoing fun little bird. One of my friends just got a bourke that she saw in the back room at Pet Club the other day for $22 because he had been there for a while. She adores him too:) Very cool little birds.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ooo. Do tell, what was the name you were thinking of for the boy? Hopefully Jellybean takes a liking to him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.