• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found a baby superb parrot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Derek
if any one can make a go of it its you bea i wonder if the baby is from the walkin group just before i went to canberra and the walk in avairy they had a break in and a lot got out i wonder if this little one is an offspring of these ones

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
I didn't know about that break in, how terrible! Perhaps this guy is the bub of one of the pairs from there. Who knows!

I just fed him some supper before bed, and he took it much more willingly. He's still not chugging it down, but he took more than he did earlier. He makes the absolute cutest sounds when he feeds, they sound like "nyum nyum nyum gurgle chirp". :p He's starting to just whine for food whenever he sees me, so he's picked up on the whole me=food idea pretty quick.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so glad he is eating...and so very happy you found him. I hope he gets stronger.

southernbirds

So glad you have him safe and sound in your home. Are you going to the Vet next week with him? He looks adorable. He likes you.

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
Natty said:
Snap birdybea!

I thought I was seeing double! :D
No way! You found one too? :p

My little mr man just had some brekky, and he ate approx. 10mls off the bent spoon and then licked what we spilt off my fingers. He then sat on my finger for a while and i preened his belly with my fingers. He didn't want to step off my hand when i was done. :lol:I'm going to bring some syringes home from work this morning so that i can see more accurately how much he's eating.

Last edited:

vancha

Sprinting down the street
He seems pretty tame, and it sure sounds like he's eating well! That's fantastic. :)

Natty

Meeting neighbors
You've done a great job with him Bea,:hug8: the wild weather has been a bit hard on some of the young ones! First baking hot now wet and cold... :eek:

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
Thanks Natty! :D I was so glad i brought him in when i found him, he would have been so cold and wet after another 24hrs in the rain (if not eaten by a cat). He had another 10mls for morning tea, and i'll probably feed him again before i go back to work this arvo.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
awe I am so glad you found him and that he is taking the food for you

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
After chatting to Natty about options i've decided to take mr bub into the RSPCA tomorrow! :) Hopefully he'll be successfully released when he's weaned and go on to make lots of superb babies of his own.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
you're an angel for rescuing the little fellow - and wise for taking where he can be rehabbed and released

big hugs to you!

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
He's now at the RSPCA! :D I'll miss him, cause he was pretty funny. But it's good that he'll hopefully end up wild like he should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.