• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Fostered Blue Front needs home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sookiebird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Hello fellow amazon lovers! I have been fostering a male blue fronted amazon for almost two years now. I'm in Raleigh NC and this beautiful boy was at the county dog shelter after being caught up in a dog hoarding situation. I had a cage and space at the time and brought him home, but now it's time for him to find his forever home as I will be moving in a couple months.

Nico is five years old (best estimate from the avian vet), is healthy and loves sugar snap peas and green beans best. He enjoys his pellets and high quality nut & fruit mix. He also loves his toys and will play nicely for hours. He is not a talker (only Hi and Hello) and is not a screamer or plucker.

I am not "selling" him, but will ask for a modest rehoming fee as he comes with his new Kings cage and toys. He is a great bird, loves head scritches and prefers women. Nico requires someone with large parrot experience---he is a male Amazon after all!

Thanks and I'm happy to answer any questions. Moderators I hope it's ok to post this rehoming. I only want the best for him and I know there are some really great people on this site:).

Photo of Nico

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He's beautiful!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a handsome boy. I hope you find Him A Great home.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck! I hope he finds a soft place to land :heart:

Gypsy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
Why can't you take him when you move?

Sookiebird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Hi Gypsy, Nico is a great bird, but I never intended to take on an amazon as a lifetime commitment. I have two birds of my own and that's about all I can handle. I'm happy I was able to give him a place to stay while searching for the right person for him. If I don't find a great home he will come with us in the move, but I wanted to start the search in earnest before. Change can be hard on birds and I'd prefer he find his forever home before that.

Last edited:

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
I hope Nico will find a home with an AA member. I got my YNA from a member of another bird forum. Three year anniversary this weekend. Nico sounds like a gem. Maybe posting more pictures and giving more information about his personality will prompt somebody to step up. Before my getting Rudy, I wanted to know everything about him before making a commitment.

Sookiebird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Thanks for the tips Gypsy! I'm having trouble posting pics---I have a lot more. And I can certainly tell more about him. I'll get some photos together. I hope he goes to an AA person too. He is a great bird and through no fault of his own he ended up at the county shelter. He's quiet, plays with his toys like a maniac and loves looking out the window at the world, probably daydreaming about flying free:). Nico likes to hang out with the family too and is a good eater. He likes sugar snap peas, blueberries, and red cabbage. He likes his head scratched and his favorite is a spray bath. I think he's an amazing bird:).

Courtneyknight

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Courtney knight
Hi! I was interested and wondering what your rehoming fee would be?

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Hello, Nicole is adorable. He looks quite happy. Best wishes and job well done on giving him a soft landing

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sweet. Hope you can find him a great forever home.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
He's such a handsome boy.
I hope he finds his forever home soon.
:)

JTRay

Strolling the yard
Real Name
John
What a beautiful bird he is! I am in the western part of NC, and I might be able to help care for Nico if you get in a jam. Thanks for looking after him. He looks healthy and content!

JosephNAsenath

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kristin
Knotts island nc , I wish I was closer but I'm like 4-5 hours away. I wish the best of luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.