• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foster Rats Leaving Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Due to some complications, I got to keep Nova and Summit longer than I originally was planing too. The rescue director was going to bring them back with her last weekend but they had a potential adopter in MN. I talked to my dad and they were allowed to stay until the adoption was finalized. Well, the adoption fell through. :( So I wasn't really sure how long I would have them and my dad was getting impatient. He told me that they smelled and it was making him sick (all in his head because I've been cleaning them and washing all their bedding every other day). He was convinced that the rescue was scamming me into keeping them. :confused:
Anyways, I just got news today that they have found an adoptive home and the woman will be meeting me about 2 hours away from me on Sunday! It's bitter sweet because I love having them around but my dad has been so naggy so it will finally get him off my back and they will be going to a rat lover so it's the best I could wish for.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am glad they found a good home for them. At least you were able to get have some fun with them for awhile since getting your own is not an option with your dad :hug8:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I am glad they found a good home for them. At least you were able to get have some fun with them for awhile since getting your own is not an option with your dad :hug8:
It was so much fun! Too bad my dad is such a party pooper. :rofl:

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
I wish I could keep rats, they're so smart and so cute, but if I got caught with rats, it's a $5000 fine.

I do have mice though.

Glad they've found a good home.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I wish I could keep rats, they're so smart and so cute, but if I got caught with rats, it's a $5000 fine.

I do have mice though.

Glad they've found a good home.
:omg:
Is that for a rental property or a city/province law?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I am glad they got to stay with you for awhile and are going to a great forever home

:hug8:

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Allison,
You were great to foster them. I'm glad they have a foster home. Job well done.:hug8:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

platinum

Real Name
Sharon
Wow, never heard of that before. Is it that they just don't want to be over run with feral rats? That is odd.
Exactly. The province is officially "rat free", which is supposed to refer to Norway Rats. They're so scared of losing that status that we can't keep any member of the genus without being a licensed research facility. :darkcloud:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Exactly. The province is officially "rat free", which is supposed to refer to Norway Rats. They're so scared of losing that status that we can't keep any member of the genus without being a licensed research facility. :darkcloud:
That sucks. :(
Well the girls went to their forever home today. It was raining so the entire trip took 4 hours! 2 hours there and two back. The adopter was very nice and she has 8 other girl rats at home that they will get to play with after their quarantine period. They will be sharing a 5 level cage with 2 other rats!
They are going to be loved and spoiled that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.