• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foster fail- Welcome Scooter! :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Congrats to you all! Scooter is a lucky birb and sounds like he’s a perfect fit. I agree that Sunny chose him!

Edited to add- I actually noticed he wasn’t on the Pearl adoption site the other day. I figured I knew exactly why. And I was right :swoon:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Ok that is funny!

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Link
so happy for you!! :laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Many of you already called it- LOL. My "foster" tiel is now "my" tiel. Welcome officially to the family Scooter!:heart: I have a bunch of cute pictures of him. He's really a lovely tiel but for some reason I'm having trouble loading them. So, for now, I'll use this old pic of him that was taken when he was relinquished to the rescue. It doesn't really show how cute he really is though.

View attachment 318690

So, Scooter is 20. He had lived with the same family his entire life. When I got the call about him, I knew I had to foster him. When I went to pick him up, I was really expecting a terrified tiel. Nope. Scooter is fearless. I thought he would be completely stressed and traumatized. Not at all. Scooter is the most chill bird I ever met. From day one, he was fine being with us. He's a funny little guy. Likes to do his own thing. He wants to be in the room with you but really doesn't seek a lot of attention. He spends his days in the living room with Elvis. And the two of them seem perfectly content hanging out together (in separate cages of course). Scooter loves to fly and will zoom around the house whenever he gets let out. He doesn't like scritches at all (yet....) but now only looks slightly annoyed when I kiss him. LOL. Which I do all the time. The only time he ever fusses is if he's up past his bedtime. He takes bedtime very seriously.

Elvis pretends to ignore him but is actually very protective of him. For instance, yesterday, a garbage truck was outside making lots of noise and I hadn't brought Scooter downstairs yet. Elvis had a fit until I took him upstairs to show him that Scooter was okay.

We're still working on getting Scooter to eat fresh food but he will eat freeze dried (thanks Avian Organics!) and I have him eating senior nutriberries, along with his seeds. He plays with his toys. Puts himself to bed. And even when he's "loud" he's really not loud- more like little squeaky chirps. And I think he says "pretty bird". At least it sounds like it to me. No whistling though. Which I think is a bit odd. Maybe that's to come.

I kinda feel like Sunny would be happy that he's with us. So, welcome to your forever home Scooter. :xflove:

Look at that face!!!!!! Is that a smile on that tiel??
It is!!! Happy bird right there!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
If Scooter is cuter than that picture I don't see how you could manage to do anything around him except faint from cuteness. Congratulations to you and Scooter.

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just something I've recalled...when Elvis was here, he began to favor Buddy...but not Milton.

Could be he was back then looking for a smaller in size bird friend...that he seems to have found in Scooter! ;)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Many of you already called it- LOL. My "foster" tiel is now "my" tiel. Welcome officially to the family Scooter!:heart: I have a bunch of cute pictures of him. He's really a lovely tiel but for some reason I'm having trouble loading them. So, for now, I'll use this old pic of him that was taken when he was relinquished to the rescue. It doesn't really show how cute he really is though.

View attachment 318690

So, Scooter is 20. He had lived with the same family his entire life. When I got the call about him, I knew I had to foster him. When I went to pick him up, I was really expecting a terrified tiel. Nope. Scooter is fearless. I thought he would be completely stressed and traumatized. Not at all. Scooter is the most chill bird I ever met. From day one, he was fine being with us. He's a funny little guy. Likes to do his own thing. He wants to be in the room with you but really doesn't seek a lot of attention. He spends his days in the living room with Elvis. And the two of them seem perfectly content hanging out together (in separate cages of course). Scooter loves to fly and will zoom around the house whenever he gets let out. He doesn't like scritches at all (yet....) but now only looks slightly annoyed when I kiss him. LOL. Which I do all the time. The only time he ever fusses is if he's up past his bedtime. He takes bedtime very seriously.

Elvis pretends to ignore him but is actually very protective of him. For instance, yesterday, a garbage truck was outside making lots of noise and I hadn't brought Scooter downstairs yet. Elvis had a fit until I took him upstairs to show him that Scooter was okay.

We're still working on getting Scooter to eat fresh food but he will eat freeze dried (thanks Avian Organics!) and I have him eating senior nutriberries, along with his seeds. He plays with his toys. Puts himself to bed. And even when he's "loud" he's really not loud- more like little squeaky chirps. And I think he says "pretty bird". At least it sounds like it to me. No whistling though. Which I think is a bit odd. Maybe that's to come.

I kinda feel like Sunny would be happy that he's with us. So, welcome to your forever home Scooter. :xflove:
Awww congrats to you both!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How we love happy stories. I really like your new signature. :starshower1:
Thanks. I actually didn't want to change it but my photobucket account must have expired and I can't reload the pic for some reason. I love the signature of Sunny that you made for me.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats to you all! Scooter is a lucky birb and sounds like he’s a perfect fit. I agree that Sunny chose him!

Edited to add- I actually noticed he wasn’t on the Pearl adoption site the other day. I figured I knew exactly why. And I was right :swoon:
Lol. You're very observant! Hope to meet you at Pearl event sometime. :) (We're going to have a table at the Pet Expo in Nov.)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@sunnysmom if you still have the pic, post it here and then you can use the URL to link it to your signature again :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Just something I've recalled...when Elvis was here, he began to favor Buddy...but not Milton.

Could be he was back then looking for a smaller in size bird friend...that he seems to have found in Scooter! ;)
I wish I could let the two of them out together to see how they would do but I think it's too big of a risk. I don't think Elvis would deliberately hurt him but accidents can happen so fast.....

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wish I could let the two of them out together to see how they would do but I think it's too big of a risk. I don't think Elvis would deliberately hurt him but accidents can happen so fast.....
...that's the safe play...and the right one!

When Elvis and Buddy were interacting here...preening each other's head...they were on opposite cage sides...and always under CLOSE supervision...;)