• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foster fail- Welcome Scooter! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
...that's the safe play...and the right one!

When Elvis and Buddy were interacting here...preening each other's head...they were on opposite cage sides...and always under CLOSE supervision...;)
And Buddy is quite a bit bigger than Scooter. I think I would feel more comfortable with a bird Buddy's size. Scooter is pretty petite (although he's bigger than Sunny was which doesn't seem possible. LOL. Now that I have Elvis, tiels look so tiny.)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Now that I have Elvis, tiels look so tiny.
I know what you're saying. :)

Buddy goes at 135 g...even with all she eats...and she eats all day. When she gets near the tiels, you notice the size difference...Sunshine is about 110 g and Igor is 91g...Tweety goes 105g or so...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I know what you're saying. :)

Buddy goes at 135 g...even with all she eats...and she eats all day. When she gets near the tiels, you notice the size difference...Sunshine is about 110 g and Igor is 91g...Tweety goes 105g or so...
The rescue took Scooter for a vet check, and he came in at 90 grams. However, the woman who took him said she wasn't sure how accurate that was because there was something weird going on with the scale. I haven't weighed him myself yet (I need to!) but I would be surprised if he really weighs less. He looks smaller than that to me but maybe my perception is completely skewed.

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The rescue took Scooter for a vet check, and he came in at 90 grams.
He's just a small guy...like Igor is. The funny thing is the girl tiels we've had...Goalie and Ziggy were BIG GIRLS...130 to 135g! At one time, Ziggy outweighed Igor, her mate, by an astounding 40g...:jawdrop1:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's just a small guy...like Igor is. The funny thing is the girl tiels we've had...Goalie and Ziggy were BIG GIRLS...130 to 135g! At one time, Ziggy outweighed Igor, her mate, by an astounding 40g...:jawdrop1:
Those are big girls! Cockatiel amazons. ;)