• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Forza Dog Food any of our International members use this?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Chewy carries the Forza brand made in Italy.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of it, uses it?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm in a Dog Food Nerds group on Facebook, a few people really like it and have good reviews. It's too expensive for me but if I had a specific concern it would be worth a try!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I'm in a Dog Food Nerds group on Facebook, a few people really like it and have good reviews. It's too expensive for me but if I had a specific concern it would be worth a try!
Yes, I am trying to gather more info. The one that I am looking at is the renal health for my older Sheltie.

Blood work for pre anesthesia was good, just 2 slight elevations one kidney, one liver but not alarming.

He just went a few rounds on antibiotics for a tough UTI, but urine tested the last time all good except alittle protein meaining older kidneys.

So I thought I found a good diet by Lotus for special needs, low protein, phosphrous, calcium and magnesium. Until the Forza, but calcium was still high 1.4 but magnesium lower. Just doing my due diligence here on a food that is low in all categories being easier on his older kidneys.

I am feeding more canned food mixed in and preparing his dry food letting it soak alittle bit. He just had a dental cleaning so he's good in that respect.

It's pricey, but many these days are, or have gone up due to supply issues. I can't put a price on his health honestly, so whatever it is, it is for my precious one.

The other two are also on Iams large breed Lamb and Rice, phosphorus is .70 for them being now 7 and 8 and large dogs. This food is good and works well for them and is affordable is large 40 lb bags!

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yeah I'm currently feeding Iams Large Breed (chicken right now as Lamb is harder to find locally). We are still trying to ensure he is on the best diet for him. We just know it isn't Diamond Naturals :lol: Tried two varieties of that and it didn't agree with him. He's doing a lot better on Iams.

I obviously would pay whatever needed for a diet he does best on, but since he's 75 lbs if I can save a bit of money per pound of food that is ideal!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yeah I'm currently feeding Iams Large Breed (chicken right now as Lamb is harder to find locally). We are still trying to ensure he is on the best diet for him. We just know it isn't Diamond Naturals :lol: Tried two varieties of that and it didn't agree with him. He's doing a lot better on Iams.

I obviously would pay whatever needed for a diet he does best on, but since he's 75 lbs if I can save a bit of money per pound of food that is ideal!
I understand the larger ones food needs. Iams has been around more then I'll say before my first dog back in the early 90's. I too alternate between Lamb and the Chicken.

They like it, tolerate it very well. And the Shepherd has lost over 20 lbs in the last 10 months eating Iams. The best part is phosphorus is at a good % .70 vs other foods over. 90 and 1.00

Aging kidneys do not need higher phosphorus. Protein and fat too as they get older.