• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Forwarding this: CAG was stolen in L. A. area last night

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The owner is beside himself. He boarded his bird, but someone smashed and grabbed 3 CAGS and an amazon last night in Los Angeles. ELWOOD_STOLEN_INSTA_v02.thumb.png.b85232cd68b91be7f64515d882cb5267.png Wanting to help get the word out for his owner who is desperate to have him back. He's banded.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Poor bird :( Finger crossed for a safe return!!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a nightmare,I'm so sorry to this owner and for the other ones stolen. I hope they are all safely found and reunited with their families.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to read this! I hope they can be found and returned. Yet another reason why I have zero interest in living in LA.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm on the east coast of US. Back in the 80's a pet store called Fins and Feathers had a Blue Hyacinth Macaw named Andy. It is disgusting that people will steal these animals for profit. The thieves cut through the back wall of the building to get him. I hope the boarding facility had security cameras. I am so sorry for the pain these owners must be going through.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm on the east coast of US. Back in the 80's a pet store called Fins and Feathers had a Blue Hyacinth Macaw named Andy. It is disgusting that people will steal these animals for profit. The thieves cut through the back wall of the building to get him. I hope the boarding facility had security cameras. I am so sorry for the pain these owners must be going through.
Fins and Feathers… in Richmond?

Another Virginian?!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
The owner is beside himself. He boarded his bird, but someone smashed and grabbed 3 CAGS and an amazon last night in Los Angeles. View attachment 423783 Wanting to help get the word out for his owner who is desperate to have him back. He's banded.
I don’t understand how this happens - as in, physically, how it happens. How do people do this? These are larger birds, that bite really hard, and scream really loudly.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I don’t understand how this happens - as in, physically, how it happens. How do people do this? These are larger birds, that bite really hard, and scream really loudly.
Probably professional thieves.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hoping the four stolen birds are all recovered! They must be petrified.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I think you’ll find they’d either be netted or caught in a pillow case type of bag. It makes me feel sick in the gut to think of how these birds were removed from their cages and how they might be feeling now. Fingers crossed none were injured during the theft and that they’re found safe and returned to their homes.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
As I said before, I bet these guys had this planned out, its not easy to catch these types of parrots. I hope somehow they are found. Please keep us updated.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is awful. This one of the reasons that I go back-and-forth on microchipping Michael as a source of irremovable identification.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Apparently with dogs some people cut them out. :(