• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Forum trouble?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Not sure why but it didn't like me today....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
All my alerts this morning were old and already seen. No new alerts at all.
I wasn’t even able to open the forum last night when this thread was posted and a majority of the comments were posted.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I just realised I’m not getting alerts for some threads I should be because the posts I posted the other day aren’t there anymore. I do keep getting new alerts for posts that I had read and cleared the other day too.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@MommyBird had post in around the neighborhood about the Horrible fires in her area its disappeared. Hope she is safe

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@MommyBird had post in around the neighborhood about the Horrible fires in her area its disappeared. Hope she is safe
good morning.
learned my friend's house was just on the edge of those with total destruction, but everything inside is permeated with smoke smell and sounds like professional help will be needed.
As for me - waking up to 5 degrees and 12 inches new snow. As we say here "we need the moisture" and we really do. Only 1.07 inches water fell at DIA since July.
Happy New Year!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
good morning.
learned my friend's house was just on the edge of those with total destruction, but everything inside is permeated with smoke smell and sounds like professional help will be needed.
As for me - waking up to 5 degrees and 12 inches new snow. As we say here "we need the moisture" and we really do. Only 1.07 inches water fell at DIA since July.
Happy New Year!
I was looking for that thread! So glad your friend and his home were spared.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I saw you post ¨read¨ in the sticky thread because I was the one who approved it. I didn´t see a thread of yours but I wasn´t on very long last night.
Maybe post it again?
I reposted it since it has not reappeared. I had it open on a different window when I saw the post about problems so I saved a copy in case I had to recreate it.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
good morning.
Happy New Year!
So glad you are safe

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Small casualty for the larger picture. Even if a day or even week was lost we would recover.

Not to start a sitewide panic but we will be looking at ways to cut the size down. One of the first things will be OLD PM's.
I know some of you may be having a heart attack reading that but if you have PM's that are many years old and not currently active....
Might want to copy/paste any info needed when you get a chance.

This is not happening this week or even scheduled so don't give me crazy rants. We will give notice on changes we make but .... I myself have more PMS that I could delete in a day so... :laugh:

Oh man, I could suggest a lot of topic/threads to get rid of, lots of unnecessary stuff.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Small casualty for the larger picture. Even if a day or even week was lost we would recover.

Not to start a sitewide panic but we will be looking at ways to cut the size down. One of the first things will be OLD PM's.
I know some of you may be having a heart attack reading that but if you have PM's that are many years old and not currently active....

This is not happening this week or even scheduled so don't give me crazy rants. We will give notice on changes we make but .... I myself have more PMS that I could delete in a day so... :laugh:
THANKS for taking so good care of us!!! We really appreciate all the 'background' work the administration does EVERY DAY!!!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm not getting emails for a thread I'm watching (the only one I'm currently watching). Is this part of the same thing?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
we will be looking at ways to cut the size down. One of the first things will be OLD PM's.
The ones in the ¨trash¨ also take up space? I wonder if there´s a way to auto perm delete those after X number of days... :chin:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Crazy? You talk to "bird people" and use the word "crazy"? I'll have you know some of my relatives said birds are ok, it's the "bird people" they don't get (and those are the relatives that love me).

So.... no crazy rant here but we'll get a notice when this happens, right? I have old pms from folks that have since passed away that I want to print and hold onto.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I am sure they will give plenty of notice. I am going to start getting rid of really old PM's now to get a jump start. I have ones I want to print off as well @Clueless no better time than now to start the clean up. :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am having issues with my cursor randomly jumping to other places or all of a sudden adding blank lines which I can't delete. It is only happening on this site and only some threads. I cleared my cache and restarted my phone. Any clues. It apparently didn't misbehave on this thread.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Have you tried loading it in desktop mode, it might bypass whatever glitches your phone adds to the site.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I'll try

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Still not behaving on some threads.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I got nothing then. I've been fighting with a new wifi router that has reasonably good reviews and was cheap enough. It decided to block my smart tv after I thought I had everything just right. I spent all night trying to find what setting was blocking just the tv, then I gave up finally gave up and got some sleep. I later hooked up my old router just to the TV on my network and it worked for a while then stopped. Finally I gave up and did a full factory reset and hooked it back to the new router, it hooked right up and has worked since.
Sometimes you just got to start over but sounds like you already tried that. Technology can be so frustrating when it decides to not play nice.