• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Forum trouble?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I had a rehome post that has gone awol!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
In the Pionus Point a new member posted about Maxi Pionus and a bunch of members flagged me. I put some answers in and the poster responded to me with more info and that post is gone unless it came back since I last checked. I got a email of the reply that was complete and when I hit the link it said it couldn't be found so some posts probably fell through the cracks during the process of upgrading. It wasn't anything critical, just weird.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Posts from the budgie forum (the ceres sticky) are also conspicuous by their sudden absence, most obvious are replies from myself and Sparkles99.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:think1: Hope you get it straightened put.

Its worked fine for me up until the message that there was maintenance.

I think some of the times are off now on some of the past posts. That's all I noticed.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Someone replied on my thread about a order from Nutz was gonna reply this morning and it had gone been scratching my head since

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I moved a thread from Healthy highway to 911 forum last night and closed the report. Now I just logged on, the report is open, the thread is back to where it was, no moderator actions logged.

edit, I also have lost the replies I posted to some people last night.

Last edited:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There was a thread that someone started (can't remember the member's name or the forum) in which they were discussing a concern about an upcoming vet appointment in which the office staff were stating that even their budgies should be on an all pellet diet. I responded to the thread with my own experience, and that thread and all replies are missing.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I had a rehome post that has gone awol!
I saw you post ¨read¨ in the sticky thread because I was the one who approved it. I didn´t see a thread of yours but I wasn´t on very long last night.
Maybe post it again?

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It seems posts, threads, and moderator actions were not migrated after a certain time? I'm not sure how they handled the migration, but perhaps they did it from a restore point that was prior to what has been found to be missing.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
In the Pionus Point a new member posted about Maxi Pionus and a bunch of members flagged me. I put some answers in and the poster responded to me with more info and that post is gone unless it came back since I last checked. I got a email of the reply that was complete and when I hit the link it said it couldn't be found so some posts probably fell through the cracks during the process of upgrading. It wasn't anything critical, just weird.
WOW-- I read those last night [I'm usually only on in the morning]... That will be 'unhappy' if they're gone!

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I moved a thread from Healthy highway to 911 forum last night and closed the report. Now I just logged on, the report is open, the thread is back to where it was, no moderator actions logged.

edit, I also have lost the replies I posted to some people last night.
Oh oh... I was just thinking this morning that maybe I should ask about leaving Avian Avenue open so I don't have to log in and out... sooooo... maybe not! :wideyed:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I also left a response on the new Pionus thread which has disappeared.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
@GreenThing had a very interesting thread running on the budgie forum regarding diet, particularly pellets. It's totally gone.
To be Frank no-one can complain really. Mysql often takes a dump with upgrades. Just grateful you made a backup first, we could have lost a lot more.

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
maybe I should ask about leaving Avian Avenue open so I don't have to log in and out... sooooo... maybe not! :wideyed:
I actually don´t ¨log on¨, I just hit the refresh page button. I always leave AA logged in on my laptop and my phone. It rarely logs out. I don´t have any problems leaving it logged in.
That isn´t connected to the issues mentioned in this thread.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Small casualty for the larger picture. Even if a day or even week was lost we would recover.

Not to start a sitewide panic but we will be looking at ways to cut the size down. One of the first things will be OLD PM's.
I know some of you may be having a heart attack reading that but if you have PM's that are many years old and not currently active....
Might want to copy/paste any info needed when you get a chance.

This is not happening this week or even scheduled so don't give me crazy rants. We will give notice on changes we make but .... I myself have more PMS that I could delete in a day so... :laugh:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Small casualty for the larger picture. Even if a day or even week was lost we would recover.

Not to start a sitewide panic but we will be looking at ways to cut the size down. One of the first things will be OLD PM's.
I know some of you may be having a heart attack reading that but if you have PM's that are many years old and not currently active....
Might want to copy/paste any info needed when you get a chance.

This is not happening this week or even scheduled so don't give me crazy rants. We will give notice on changes we make but .... I myself have more PMS that I could delete in a day so... :laugh:
Ha when I first came back a few months ago I went through so many old pms and it took the better part of an hour to delete them since they were the old style of every reply was it's own thing,lol.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The odd thing is the inconsistency. Some of my posts disappeared, which seems consistent. But for other people's posts, some disappeared along with the reactions, whereas others just had my reactions mysteriously erase yet the post remained... The forum has clearly fallen victim to a pirate. That's my non-techy conclusion. :roflmao:
:pirates: