• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Formula

tasha

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello I’m new here I hope I’m posting to the right thread anyway I have green cheek conures and I usually buy zupreem embrace plus for handfeeding and the store I go to no longer orders it also I’ve checked every other store near me I’m lost since this is the only one I’ve used and want to make sure I get the best for my bubs can anyone recommend the best formula for hand raising green cheek conure not sure if it matters but I am in the US for better help on recommendations

Nerine

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nerine
I think the Zupreem hand feeding formula has been discontinued. However, there are also formulas by Higgins, Kaytee and Tropican.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I really like Hagen. I've used several and it seems like the best at the most reasonable price. I get it from thebirdstore.com

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
A fellow breeder loves Tropican. He uses it for day-one hand feeding of golden conures, rose-breasted, and sulfur-crested cockatoos. I use Mazuri myself and I've had good luck with it. ZuPreem was discontinued in 2018 or early 2019 I think. From what I remember there changes to some laws in Europe and they would have had to reformulate it for each individual country they sold it in. It seems that discontinuing the product was a better business choice than supporting multiple formulations. I could be wrong.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I use Roudybush Formula 3. Lafeber also makes a good one

Jehri

Moving in
Real Name
Jennifer Dennett
I used intune for my yellow side and he did great with it.