• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging trays for my budgies!

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
I’m so sorry for hijacking your thread to ask about artificial grass @pipiandni! I hope it’s helpful info for you too!

@HelenVanessaDavies Please let me know how it goes, cleaning wise, with that grass mat! I like that it has nooks and crannies for good foraging, but I can see that it would be hard to get all the poop out.

@WikiWaz I just love the look of that grass! Do you find it’s easy to clean? Are the grass “strands” easy to pull out for your budgie?

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
@Momof3litt Your photos made me smile and super inspiring! Especially the “self-directed foraging” one on the plants - so cute! I may have to get myself a potted fern too!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'd recommend a less foraging substrate to start out with. @Wardy's setup may be daunting to a new forager.
I second this suggestion for an aditional reason - You may find that the smaller birds poop in the foraging tray so having less in there means less gets spoiled. As they get familiar with foraging trays they may poop less in it and be more comfortable around it so you can then add a little more if you want to.

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I’m so sorry for hijacking your thread to ask about artificial grass @pipiandni! I hope it’s helpful info for you too!

@HelenVanessaDavies Please let me know how it goes, cleaning wise, with that grass mat! I like that it has nooks and crannies for good foraging, but I can see that it would be hard to get all the poop out.

@WikiWaz I just love the look of that grass! Do you find it’s easy to clean? Are the grass “strands” easy to pull out for your budgie?
@soundsfun, it's super easy to clean and the grass strands do not pull out easily.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Good news as @WikiWaz said, the grass matt cleaned really well, some of the grass was shredded by my scrubbing but it is all in once piece, I used a stiff cleaning brush and bird friendly disinfectant then left the matt to dry, it was placed under a heater and it was dry within a day

:yah:

pipiandni

Moving in

That means extra information for us both so don't mind it!

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson