• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging trays and amount of seeds

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
So I made each of my birds a foraging tray, bigger one for Momo, Zazu got the medium one and Walad has the smallest tray.

Question: how much seeds/treats/pellets/ should I put in there? :D
I usually distribute a thin layer of seeds all over the tray, but now I’m thinking, is it too much?
The birds are enjoying the idea though :joyful:
BC5D2FD0-4E95-4F1C-8D70-C39060C8B6A3.jpeg

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
So I made each of my birds a foraging tray, bigger one for Momo, Zazu got the medium one and Walad has the smallest tray.

Question: how much seeds/treats/pellets/ should I put in there? :D
I usually distribute a thin layer of seeds all over the tray, but now I’m thinking, is it too much?
The birds are enjoying the idea though :joyful:
View attachment 346213
Momo is so cute.

Mantis64

Hahaha, my mom and sister tell me that they wish they were my birds :D they joke around that I treat my birds and care for them more than I do towards my family :lol:
Same here

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Hahaha, my mom and sister tell me that they wish they were my birds :D they joke around that I treat my birds and care for them more than I do towards my family :lol:
... All is well in the world :)
There is a quote:" I work hard so my parrot can live a life of luxury!"

...I think that it is our obligation to give them the best possible care..

The humans are not caged and can take care of themselves!

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
... All is well in the world :)
There is a quote:" I work hard so my parrot can live a life of luxury!"

...I think that it is our obligation to give them the best possible care..

The humans are not caged and can take care of themselves!
Strongly agreed!
If I hear someone complaining a lot and not willing spend time, pay attention to their pet or in worse cases be cruel to them, I usually say: remember, they’re part of our lives, but we are their whole life. They depend on us in every way. So you should be ready for this kind of responsibility. Be loving, kind, patient no matter what kind of rough moments you may have together. Or otherwise, it’s better not to get a pet at all :) that’s just my personal opinion.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am starting to think all bird people have family members that say this :rofl:

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
I am starting to think all bird people have family members that say this :rofl:
My Mum no, she's a pet person too (dogs), but my boyfriend mentioned it a couple of times. He won't be making this mistake again :lol: .

I usually say: remember, they’re part of our lives, but we are their whole life.
Loki is a BIIIIIG part of my life, I wouldn't want it any other way.
It was especially so during lockdown, the boyfriend still worked 7.30 - 17.30+, I was without a phone, no PC.
If I didn't have Loki I'd be probably commited to the loony 10 times by now.. one can watch only so much TV. He literally was the reason to keep schedules, wake up even.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
To answer the question on amount of food in the trays:
I think you should be fine if none of the parrots tends to overeat and it doesn't mess up the daily feeding and training routines...

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
To answer the question on amount of food in the trays:
I think you should be fine if none of the parrots tends to overeat and it doesn't mess up the daily feeding and training routines...
After posting this thread, I noticed that Zazu wasn’t eager to train since he had this tray. So I let him take a break, in the meantime removed the tray and then he was fine. So lesson for me: remove the trays before training sessions :D

clarousel

My mum said that too and guilt tripped me. Was ridiculous she was getting jealous over a bird!

Anyway I've been wondering about the seed too cause I'm paranoid about Preeno getting fat :roflmao: I give around 1-2 teaspoons a day!

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
My mum said that too and guilt tripped me. Was ridiculous she was getting jealous over a bird!

Anyway I've been wondering about the seed too cause I'm paranoid about Preeno getting fat :roflmao: I give around 1-2 teaspoons a day!
I’ll tell you more, my husband gets jealous of me being more loving with the birds :laugh: