• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging Toys

Mist.N

Meeting neighbors
Besides the DIY options, I've found my Bugi :irngf: goes absolutely crazy for these dog/cat foraging balls. You can get something similar in any pet shop or online. They're great because you can hang them or let your birb roll around with them :D. I recommend getting one that's made of tougher plastic/rubber so they can't chew through it.

212982850_max.jpg 0d567a19-bf28-4345-93d7-3ff0a77aca40.6391505018506493c72ee8bf290e88b3.png
Screenshot_20230226_042429.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Besides the DIY options, I've found my Bugi :irngf: goes absolutely crazy for these dog/cat foraging balls. You can get something similar in any pet shop or online. They're great because you can hang them or let your birb roll around with them :D. I recommend getting one that's made of tougher plastic/rubber so they can't chew through it.

View attachment 423833 View attachment 423834
View attachment 423835
Those look even better for Luv Bug than Kongs! (not for Buzz)

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
You can cover food bowls with pieces of paper, they'll have to move it off to get to the food. It's not super hard but get's their brain working on terms of looking for stuff. You can get your birds least fav veggie (for me its kale), and wrap some nice foods inside it and secure with those bird kabob skewer sticks.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Hey!
Looking for what everyone is using as foraging toys. Pictures are of what we have so far but I am looking to add a couple more :)
Petrie the Goffin's appreciates your contributions!
Just to let you know, keep an eye on that rubber ball, my green cheek was easily able to chew into the rubber and actually ate some :facepalm: Should be fine as long as your Goffin isn't actively mauling it every day.

AShep

Meeting neighbors
Oooo I bet she would like that rubber ball! She really really loves shreading rubber. I have been watching her and she doesn't consume it. I am very keen to find things that keep her attention so this might be perfect! @Spearmint What do you stuff in there?

Mist.N

Meeting neighbors
and actually ate some :facepalm:
Oh dear :confused: Thanks for that!
Yea, I watched Bugi to see if she'd actually eat any of the bits she tore off, but she just checks out the texture with her tongue and leaves them be. But I like the ones she actually can't rip up, they last longer xD

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Oooo I bet she would like that rubber ball! She really really loves shreading rubber. I have been watching her and she doesn't consume it. I am very keen to find things that keep her attention so this might be perfect! @Spearmint What do you stuff in there?
Not sure whether you're asking about what i stuff in the rubber ball or inside the kale, but for the rubber ball I stuff veggies and fruits in it, big chunks, and for the kale i usually do his chop mix or some seeds :)

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Oh dear :confused: Thanks for that!
Yea, I watched Bugi to see if she'd actually eat any of the bits she tore off, but she just checks out the texture with her tongue and leaves them be. But I like the ones she actually can't rip up, they last longer xD
Glad to hear that!
I've got to monitor Spearmint when using the rubber ball now, or else it'll be gone in a few seconds. :dead: