• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging toys?

Loveofbird

Walking the driveway
Does anyone have any good recommendations for some foraging toys? I have many shredding toys but not many foraging toys.

Preferably smaller ones for budgies and cockatiels.

Thanks in advance :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My store specializes in toys for birds of your size :) Here is my foraging category!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you are looking for something more durable:

Loveofbird

Walking the driveway
My store specializes in toys for birds of your size :) Here is my foraging category!

Thanks your store has a lot of good foraging toys:) my favorites so far that I've come across are the piper and the Irish rose though I've only made it to page three so I'm sure that will change.

Do you have budgies and if so do they happen to have a personal favorite? I know birds have different likes and dislikes but I just wanna get an idea

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thanks your store has a lot of good foraging toys:) my favorites so far that I've come across are the piper and the Irish rose though I've only made it to page three so I'm sure that will change.

Do you have budgies and if so do they happen to have a personal favorite? I know birds have different likes and dislikes but I just wanna get an idea
I do not have a budgie, sadly! My budgie customers usually love anything with balsa, sola, cork, mahogany, or yucca!

The dino toys loaded up with millet are popular :) If you want it refillable, go for the pine ones. More holes and more durable :)

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
Can I just say, @Mizzely .. you have the best selection of foraging toys I think I've seen! Do you ship to Canada?

SharFully

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharona
My lovebird loves her foraging box! You can make them in all kinds of sizes! So I'm sure for budgies too and it's rather easy to make.

Attachments

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
For small birds like budgies, you can get a paper egg carton, fill it with crinkle paper, soft wood toy parts, millet, nutriberries, wicker balls, other toy parts, and or anything else bird safe you can find for variety and enrichment. There are also little foraging stars that you can make with strips of paper, but I don't know how to explain it. Basically anything they have to work for.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Here are couple of my forging tutorials

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Here's one more

kayosa

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katy
Diy foraging toy, crumpled paper in drink carry out box. You crumple the paper and put food and treats in it, and then crmle it enough that they can see the food but must struggle with the paper to eat. Highly amusing to me, since I have budgies and they do struggle a bit.
DCE7B712-9B21-4DE7-AE7B-C3E0CA0C8B10.jpeg