• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging cups

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got a box of 60 cups from Amazon to make some cups for the girls to forage from.
They are filled with beads,crinkle paper,straws,lolly sticks,vine balls and dried flowers.
KiKi is not a massive forager is still learning so her cups have the obligatory nutriberries in them Mojo's have some pumpkin seeds,sunflower seeds and Roudybush maintenance mini pellets.
The ones on there playstand have a nutriberrie in them.

20211013_191556.jpg 20211013_192039.jpg 20211013_192708.jpg 20211013_192715.jpg

dutchlings

Meeting neighbors
Those cups are so cute!! I’m always so jealous seeing all the fun, colorful toys that everyone has for their parrots because my caique is a little weirdo who HATES colorful stuff. He’ll only touch a toy if it’s mostly neutral colored, natural items. He’s a little braver if I’m right by him and will play with colorful foot toys that are a single solid color, but he won’t touch them if they’re in his cage.

Also, slightly off topic, but did you DIY that playstand out of PVC? Do you have a rough estimate of how much it cost? We’ve been meaning to build one, but never seem to have the time to run to the store for supplies that I’m almost at the point of just ordering a pre-made one lol.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those cups are so cute!! I’m always so jealous seeing all the fun, colorful toys that everyone has for their parrots because my caique is a little weirdo who HATES colorful stuff. He’ll only touch a toy if it’s mostly neutral colored, natural items. He’s a little braver if I’m right by him and will play with colorful foot toys that are a single solid color, but he won’t touch them if they’re in his cage.

Also, slightly off topic, but did you DIY that playstand out of PVC? Do you have a rough estimate of how much it cost? We’ve been meaning to build one, but never seem to have the time to run to the store for supplies that I’m almost at the point of just ordering a pre-made one lol.
Yes i made it myself it was about 25% of the price of ones i have seen for sale of the top of my head was about £50 sterling

dutchlings

Meeting neighbors
@Wardy dang it, that’s about what I was guesstimating for how much the one I want to make would cost, which is about 60% less than the one I was eyeballing online (I was trying to convince myself that I underestimated the cost of raw materials haha). I’m willing to pay more for the convenience of one that’s ready to go, but not THAT much more! That’s money I could be spending on toy parts instead.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Wardy dang it, that’s about what I was guesstimating for how much the one I want to make would cost, which is about 60% less than the one I was eyeballing online (I was trying to convince myself that I underestimated the cost of raw materials haha). I’m willing to pay more for the convenience of one that’s ready to go, but not THAT much more! That’s money I could be spending on toy parts instead.

Here is the link to the thread

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
These have gone down a absolute storm with both Mojo and KiKi. Both had two in there cage and i have had to fill them both back up this evening i initially had some blocks at the bottom with cup cake cases to limit there depth the blocks have gone so the full cup can be used, Also im going to use leather rope instead of paper string to make them easier for me to remove refill and return to the cage.
20211014_192843.jpg 20211014_192838.jpg
Cant get a pic of KiKi doing the same as everytime i point my phone at her she jumps out of the cup and go's to her platform perch
Bird seal of approval given.