• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Those Who Want to Inform Others About 'THAT VENDOR"

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I did not know that about the BBB.

I saw that she's still playing the "it's shipping tomorrow" game and poor souls are falling for it.

Also she's introduced a new food into her mix, shortening. :eek: She wrote that it's safe because it's made from red palm oil and something, coconut oil I think. This is pretty worrisome. I mean, it could be easily overdone. And there's some controversy about using it. Anddddd -- is it Walmart Brand???:roflmao: (sorry)

Plus I don't know how the (wet, thick) shortening is going to go on the (freeze dried) food. Mold, anyone?
Eww, shortening? That doesn't sound great. Mold? Possible, but I don't know for sure. But see by ingredients it looks like a lot of fat content.
Does anyone know what she used before to hold her freezer fried food together? Before she added shortening to the mix? I'm curious, as a couple bags I got way back when had mold or some sort of fungus in it.
threw that out.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Red palm oil and palm oil come from the same tree, Elaeis guineesis. I don't dispute that the red has caritenoids and additional health benefits, but being the same plant has to equal the same problem. Totally off topic of this thread, but I've been seeing red palm oil as a buzz word lately. There are so many ways manufacturers try to fool us, it's insane. And she probably is using Crisco!
This is still going on :blink:
It'll all end when Judge Judy declares her guilty of all charges.... until then we're just watching her dig a deeper hole and waiting for her to fall in it.. :D

:judge::digin:

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Guys! I just received a letter in the mail stating that I have been refunded the full amount of that garbage "food"! I only disputed a small portion of it but ended up getting the entire refund! I checked my account and the money is there as stated. To those still chasing this scam artist down, keep disputing it. I had accepted that I wasn't going to get a refund, and lo and behold, I got it. It's a nice Christmas present for myself and Java. I'm glad it's over, and I know it's only a matter of time before this all comes back to bite her.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@Brittany0208 I´m so glad you got your money back! Perfect you got it before christmas :) :bliss:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
This is still going on :blink:
Afraid so head bird mama,
Guys! I just received a letter in the mail stating that I have been refunded the full amount of that garbage "food"! I only disputed a small portion of it but ended up getting the entire refund! I checked my account and the money is there as stated. To those still chasing this scam artist down, keep disputing it. I had accepted that I wasn't going to get a refund, and lo and behold, I got it. It's a nice Christmas present for myself and Java. I'm glad it's over, and I know it's only a matter of time before this all comes back to bite her.
YIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
Just out of curiosity how long did it take?????

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
okay, i haven't read all the comments but i am lost for words here !

a while ago i went to the forum and saw that there was this new "vendor" on the forum that was apparently highly popular ! (******** dailies).

Some very active members of this forum made several orders and some a lot! i actually felt a bit jealous because here in france it is hard to find anything else than seed mix and a few pellets so to see that in the U.S there is that vendor that makes delicious nutricious green fresh food for parrot amazed me !

a little while ago i saw that out of the blue no one on the forum was talking about that vendor anymore, and i couldn't find any thread showcasing the food and the orders! even the members that i know made threads about that brand had maybe deleted the threads ? i don't know but i was so confused!!

i mean what happened ?

and now i am reading this ......................................................... can someone please explain to me ? and who is the person that lost 11 birds ? and what about all the memebrs of this forum that ordered from this vendor, did you birds get sick ?

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you see Brit? She is now BBB accredited! After all that stuff she got the darn accreditation...

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
okay, i haven't read all the comments but i am lost for words here !

a while ago i went to the forum and saw that there was this new "vendor" on the forum that was apparently highly popular ! (******** dailies).

Some very active members of this forum made several orders and some a lot! i actually felt a bit jealous because here in france it is hard to find anything else than seed mix and a few pellets so to see that in the U.S there is that vendor that makes delicious nutricious green fresh food for parrot amazed me !

a little while ago i saw that out of the blue no one on the forum was talking about that vendor anymore, and i couldn't find any thread showcasing the food and the orders! even the members that i know made threads about that brand had maybe deleted the threads ? i don't know but i was so confused!!

i mean what happened ?

and now i am reading this ......................................................... can someone please explain to me ? and who is the person that lost 11 birds ? and what about all the memebrs of this forum that ordered from this vendor, did you birds get sick ?
This should help!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I updated my vet yesterday on this whole thing, she agrees that it's absolutely bonkers. I can't believe all this is still happening, it's wild.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Did you see Brit? She is now BBB accredited! After all that stuff she got the darn accreditation...
Anyone can pay the fee and become BBB accredited. Complaints can be made through them, so essentially it's another way to express concerns.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Anyone can pay the fee and become BBB accredited. Complaints can be made through them, so essentially it's another way to express concerns.
Yes, but sometimes due to technical difficulties they have to be removed from the site. I know 1 person here it happened w/ & that person had a great write up until MM commented & caused the technical difficulty. The ONLY place that's actually standing by every comment good or bad right now is yelp. Every other online place I've watched has had things deleted rapidky or MM has managed to cause an issue making deletion the only avenue. It's saddening & maddening!!!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Well somebody sure changed her tune.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...944737480806:story_location.4:page_insights.{"892944737480806"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A892944737480806%2C"actor_id"%3A892944737480806%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"post_context"%3A%7B"object_fbtype"%3A266%2C"publish_time"%3A1577727490%2C"story_name"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"story_fbid"%3A%5B2425099780931953%5D%7D%2C"role"%3A1%2C"sl"%3A4%2C"targets"%3A%5B%7B"actor_id"%3A892944737480806%2C"page_id"%3A892944737480806%2C"post_id"%3A2425099780931953%2C"role"%3A1%2C"share_id"%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
What's weird is she didn't delete everything just one post :shrug: Its her page she can do what she wants with it. But As far as I can see all the posts about WD were dead so why bring it back to the forefront... The whole way she operates on social media strikes me as very odd