• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Those Who Want to Inform Others About 'THAT VENDOR"

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Wow someone fell for the koolaid after talking to her. I also remember all of her posts when she went after the big food manufacturers. She needs to practice what she is preaching. She made many many accusations before she ever decided to have testing done

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
If any of you want to inform her of your personal experiences and show her some evidence, I say go ahead.
Going by the comments on Facebook, there's one person who has mentioned their bird's liver level went up on the said food and Shannon does seem interested in hearing from this person. Even took MM took task (well a little bit anyway) for questioning the commenter. I think anyone who has vet reports is someone Shannon will listen too.

That said I completely understand members who don't want to get involved with this. While I think it could be helpful its certainly not your responsibility and is your right not to get involved if you don't want to.

On a personal level I'm so sicken by all of pain this has caused. I'm very sorry this has come up again

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Going by the comments on Facebook, there's one person who has mentioned their bird's liver level went up on the said food and Shannon does seem interested in hearing from this person. Even took MM took task (well a little bit anyway) for questioning the commenter. I think anyone who has vet reports is someone Shannon will listen too.

That said I completely understand members who don't want to get involved with this. While I think it could be helpful its certainly not your responsibility and is your right not to get involved if you don't want to.

On a personal level I'm so sicken by all of pain this has caused. I'm very sorry this has come up again
I do not think it will ever end. She scorned alot of People. When you take on producing foods and diets stating to be complete you have a said responsibility.

When you have no scientific or veterinary board certified nutritionists of mixing ingredients and adding in vitamins and minerals with no knowledge of the complete balanced ratio, you risk hurting these birds.

This is my issue. She's not a Vet, nor a nutrition expert and has no clue what she's concocting.

Again, what more proof does anyone need to not believe a thief and a scam artist?

More illness?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't waste my time trying to have conversations with those who have already decided they know everything and have closed themselves off to any new information.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Urg!! This whole thing makes me sick :darkcloud:
@Hankmacaw I saw you left a comment on Facebook but now I can't find it. I'm not sure but I think it might have been removed. I hope I'm wrong

I been banned and I think she probably deleted all of my posts. Don't know - I didn't check.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Those 11 birds...something killed them...I feel sorry for those birds & there person.
Now if it was some food its a sin not to warn people & not try to find out what happened so it does not happen again...That being said...it went ballistic & after pages of name callin its impossible to know what went on anymore.

Just so many factors that can go into a bird getting sick & one of them is improper nutrition.
Food high in sugar & fat that there metabolism breaks down. That sort of thing takes time.
I read through countless pages & the thing I picked up from it was not a toxin issue but having birds become junkies eating cheese puffs. Maybe none died because the bird lovers watch there birds closely & caught it before it became too late & then could get necropsies. Who knows how bad some of the birds are because of it. It takes a while on a good diet to get the body back to health.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I do not think it will ever end. She scorned alot of People. When you take on producing foods and diets stating to be complete you have a said responsibility.

When you have no scientific or veterinary board certified nutritionists of mixing ingredients and adding in vitamins and minerals with no knowledge of the complete balanced ratio, you risk hurting these birds.

This is my issue. She's not a Vet, nor a nutrition expert and has no clue what she's concocting.

More illness?
That's the main point...Some people got unmarked packages without lists of ingredients. Does not sound like much quality control. Guess with packing like that no one could ever claim anything.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's the main point...Some people got unmarked packages without lists of ingredients. Does not sound like much quality control.

Or lists with totally different ingredients lists than what is published.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Or lists with totally different ingredients lists than what is published.
Could be inundated by many orders and not having the products to add in a timely manner. Therefore creating foods with who knows what was in there!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Again, what more proof does anyone need to not believe a thief and a scam artist?

More illness?
I agree with lot of what you said, but I do think it will come to an end... my only question is how many more birds will become sick or even die before that happens?
She was showing signs of desperation, all the sales even when she hadn't fulfilled orders from the last one, refusing to cancel orders... ect... I can't remember where on FB but there was something to the effect that her business was really suffering too. Shannon just gave her a shot in the arm :rant:
I feel like this whole cycle has started over again. :darkcloud: But its bound to have the same results and there's no way it can go on forever. MM will just fold up one scam and move on to the next one.... that seems to be her pattern. But That goes back to my original question how many more birds will suffer in her wake?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
It makes me sick the people that have never heard of her that are now ordering froM her because this person is not doing her research either and just blindly promoting her

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
From reading that earlier it seems like anyone who speaks out against MM is silenced and she doesn't want to hear it. I'm literally sick to my stomach that people won't do ample research and just listen because one person said there are people out there ruining her business. I highly doubt that is even true either.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It makes me sick the people that have never heard of her that are now ordering froM her because this person is not doing her research either and just blindly promoting her
Shannon is promoting her inadvertently. The band wagon is jumping in and they are placing orders. Just uneducated cult behavior

I'm sure the free food is enticing!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'm sickened by this, I really am. Just when I was thinking MM would fade away and we could all go on with our lives, I guess I was wrong.

These poor birds are going to be subjected to this supposed "food", and get sick and possibly die. It's terrible. I wish she'd see the truth- If it was her birds getting sick and dying, would she still be so gung-ho about this junk?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
If you read through it, Shannon is defending her. Yet, she knows nothing about Marsha, or her criminal past. Sad indeed, that she is writing such a long winded rant.

She's angry that she was contacted about who to contact for tainted food and her name came up. That's all it is. She was better off not saying a word. Because now, everyone can relive the 11 deaths in HER HOUSE, in her care. Now a year later she is STILL casting blame on Zupreem with her murdering some innocent mice.

They are two peas in a pod.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Shannon is promoting her inadvertently. The band wagon is jumping in and they are placing orders. Just uneducated cult behavior

I'm sure the free food is enticing!

She isn’t inadvertently promoting her. She specifically told everyone to go order up some Unapproved Vendor’s daily’s and have a good day.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm sad this is coming up, yet again.

I'm annoyed.

Do I understand that Shannon claims that her name was used to smear Unapproved Vendor by someone who had not even fed the food to their bird? If that's the case, that was wrong.

Thanks to that action, more birds will have that food in their cages.

Just very sad.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She isn’t inadvertently promoting her. She specifically told everyone to go order up some Unapproved Vendor’s daily’s and have a good day.
I think she's trying to have it both ways. She's say things like she's not familiar with the food and she doesn't support it but she doesn't not not support it either :cautious: But then goes on to tell people they should support this poor business that being vilified :rolleyes: But even with her double speak you she's rallying for people to buy MM products :rant:

I think somehow she's deeply feels a kinship with someone who's being "attacked" by some unhinged mob, to her point of view anyway. :sad8: MM is stringing her along and taking advantage for all she's worth. Its all really sad and sickening :darkcloud:

Last edited: