• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For the Canadian who was looking for cages that didn't cost much

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry that I can't find your thread. It was in the last week, because I only joined a week ago. I didn't have time to reply at the time. You were looking for a budget cage upgrade.

For larger cages than your average off the shelf options, check out Pet Valu. The ones in my city have clearance Prevue Hendryx cages. They're $97.99. For this in black or red/ white: Offset Roof Cockatiel / Parakeet Cage SP25211B/B Prevue Pet Products Online, they're over $200, so this is a good deal. 25"L x 21"D x 29" high. The franchise stores (non-corporate) will also order anything you want & have access to many product catalogues.

Petsmart Canada's supply chains are off to the extent that they're getting in things they * never * would've, even online, because they have product gaps. A&E cages of all sizes + Prevue Hendryx cages of all sizes (not just the itty bitty ones) are available in store sporadically. That's where I got my flight cages. An employee who probably wasn't supposed to divulge so much detail told me the backstory. Get them while you can; they apparently have every intention of going back to their regular, unsuitable options as soon as they can.

Global Pet Foods & Critter Jungle are also worth checking out & will both custom order things. When they do, their service is fast. Love both stores + Pet Valu.

Good luck!

Hope this is okay to post, Moderators. I'm unaffiliated (now & in the past) with these companies. Just trying to help.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hope this is okay to post, Moderators.
That is fine :)

Is this the thread you are refering to?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, I think it was! Hope they see this; the Pet Valu cages are by far & away the cheapest, decent cages around.