• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For multii-bird owners.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
Of my macaws that would be Sammy. He made me work the hardest to gain his trust and affection.

Of the greys that would be Ella. She has be totally smitten. Unfortunate for me that I'm just doing long term foster care on her for a friend. It is going to kill me when she goes home.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I don't really like the word favorite because it makes it sound like the other birds get less attention.

I totally agree. I love all my fids equally. And love all Umbies the same :)

Bokkka is my heart and soul, and my other half :) But Opa, Louie, Reo and all Umbies I have ever been in contact with, I love them all fo rwho they are, and I love them all equally. And yes I mean this about birds who are not truly "mine" but other people,etc. I just love Umbies.

Bokka is my #1 boy, but that doesnt mean I could choose between him and Opa. They are my boys. If Reo and Louie were indoor birds again, I wouldnt be able to choose either. Louie is a sweet heart, Reo a rock star, Bokka a caring friend, and Opa my son. I love them all equally as they complete me.

Gra I loved her for who she was, and how she was. There is a Military macaw at the local bird store and I LOVE Rudy the moment I met her, and sh etook to me very quickly too.

Although Bokka is my #1, I dont take favorites.

Mercedez

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
I admit that I play favorites with my birds. I really seems to favor my invisible WBC, Phoenix over the other fids in the house. Isn't he cute?
100_2135.JPG

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I don't really have a favorite I try my hardest to treat them all the same,

including the big meanie of the house Billy who hates me with a passion but I treat him the same as all the other birds

yes at times some get more attention than others, but that is because those birds are willing to let me touch them - i'm not going to knowingly get my fingers tore off just to get a scratch in - so those birdies just get talked to and I do still make a big fuss about them Just verbally where the tame ones get Scratches or a ride around the house on my hand or something

the ones who'd rather eat my face off than let me touch them I do tend to go sit with them and talk to them more then the tame ones on occasion but thats just to show them I won't hurt them, I'll even sit there with a tame one and love on it etc and show the not tame one what they're missing out on

it has gotten at least one who isn't mean but scared of hands to at least want our attention verbally but I'm working on getting him to at least step up He doesn't have to let me give him scratches or anything But I would at least like for him to step up that in its own would be a huge milestone :)

but ya my birds to me are just an extension to my human kids and I can't choose a favorite of them either lol even though there are days when one is behaving better then the other and I have been known to favor that one but I don't do it on purpose usually I don't know i'm doing it until it gets pointed out to me :o:

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
This is such a toughie question!

I adore BeBe... he was my first bird ever, so he will always hold a special place in my heart.

Evee... is in love with me. So he is the one who gives me the most attention whether I want it or not.

I have a soft spot for Pigwidgeon because he is a sweetie and has cancer.

Ashlee, I like a lot because she listens to me and does what I ask (most of the time) even though she is a princess.

So, really it's kindof a toss up between those 4, though I love the other 6 just as much as them!:heart:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I love all of my birds a lot, but Sammy, is special, Sammy is very in tune with me, knows when I don't feel well, etc. Sammy is a rehome/rescue parrot, and I have a very very deep bond with her, she is like a child to me.
That's exactly how it is with me and Tango too. Coming from another home as a plucker with some deep issues and then him rehabbing for me and giving me his complete trust just puts him in a totally different bond category. I'd be devastated if anything happened to anyone, but I feel I understand Tango the most.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
i can honestly say i *do* have a favorite without feeling guilty..

Cookie. BUT i have a reason.. Cookie is mine, Toc is my sisters. Cookie lives in my room, i clean her cage, i feed her, i give her treats, she wakes me up in the morning with kisses and clucks.. She flies to me when she wants human interaction. She's cuddly, she's playful.. She's my baby. I spend the most time with her because she's mine, and likes me the best.

Toc is my sisters. He has a bond with Ali like Cookie has a bond with me. Annnd, Toc doesn't like me. Sure he tolerates me, but he does't like me.. (hes a no touchy bird with anyone..) My sister does all the caring for him, even though i tell her what to do.. (she doesn't understand birds as much as me. I'm her "teacher")

I can say, though, if I took care of Toc like i take care of Cookie and spend enough time with him to form a bond, i dont think i would be able to choose..

But its different with my dogs, i could NEVER pick between the two of them.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If I had to choose between Max and Elvis, it would be a real Sophie's Choice. I love them both so much. :heart:

I love little Corbit, but he's just not as loud and hammy as the others, so he gets less attention. Bella is a pill. I love her, but she's a pill :rolleyes:

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Yogi was and always will be my fave. He was my little buddy. The one that made me fall so much deeper in love with birds than I ever thought I could fall. Nothing will replace him in my heart. That being said, it depends on the day as to whether Kessie or Sherbert get props for being my fave. It used to be Kessie, but since she's hooked up with Sherbert, she seems to think staying in the cage is more fun. Sherbert, who used to be scared of me, has really blossomed lately and is my little man. He goes back in his cage when I want him to, he takes flights and flies back to me usually when I call, and he will fake bite me so that he can taste my finger with his tongue. His fake bites are nothing at all like Jellybeans full out powerful bites and she will lunge at me. She has been dubbed "wench" for lack of a better word, lol. She is a devil to get back into the cage too as she insists on biting my fingers and hands. IF she is lucky enough to come out, she does like to burrow in my shirts and sweaters...

BamaBirdMom

Real Name
Janet
I don't have a 'most favorite', but I do have a 'least favorite', even though I feel bad about it. I have a great relationship with all my other birds, even with the newest, Bama; however, Roxy, my RS Ekkie girl, is a real challenge. I don't want to be so shallow as to say that I love the birds most who don't bite me, but she has been so hard to form a bond with, and she is the only one who wasn't a rehome/rescue. She came to me as a 4 month old, and she came out of her crate with her beak open, ready for battle, LOL. She will fly to me on command most of the time, and has learned behaviors, but has no interest in playing. She's very intense, and mostly comes to me for food and treats. I can now avoid getting bitten because I know how to read her (mostly). I still feel bad, though. I do love her, I just don't always LIKE her! And I thought that we would form the strongest bond since I got her as a baby...nope, she's just reinforced to me that a rehome or rescue can be just as good or better.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Though I do not have a favorite, Neo my meyers is my love. I can do anything with him, he is everything I ever wanted in a bird. Sometimes I wish he were bigger though, ,lol! He plays with me, plays by himself, is not very loud, is a great snuggler, eats his veggies. And I know he loves me, he prefers me though he has other human friends. I love our Wagler's conure in a different way. I can't do anything with her, she has trust issues and bites SOOOO hard. I have to ask her for a snuggle, she does not play by herself, she is incredibly loud. She definantly has qualities that I dont really want in a bird, but I love her. She's just different. As for the 16 budgies, 5 tiels, 4 lovies and Linnie, don't really have a favorite. I prefer to play with the ones who dont bite, but I love them all for thier qualities as a bird. I have no expectations of them, except I guess to be colorful, and pretty and do birdee things all day. If they want to include me as a valued member of thier flock, well, that is priceless:D

Not my Hawkhead, he belongs to my friend

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't have a 'most favorite', but I do have a 'least favorite', even though I feel bad about it. I have a great relationship with all my other birds, even with the newest, Bama; however, Roxy, my RS Ekkie girl, is a real challenge. I don't want to be so shallow as to say that I love the birds most who don't bite me, but she has been so hard to form a bond with, and she is the only one who wasn't a rehome/rescue. She came to me as a 4 month old, and she came out of her crate with her beak open, ready for battle, LOL. She will fly to me on command most of the time, and has learned behaviors, but has no interest in playing. She's very intense, and mostly comes to me for food and treats. I can now avoid getting bitten because I know how to read her (mostly). I still feel bad, though. I do love her, I just don't always LIKE her! And I thought that we would form the strongest bond since I got her as a baby...nope, she's just reinforced to me that a rehome or rescue can be just as good or better.
I just realized that nearly every single word of this could apply to my parrotlet too. That's just how Bella is, and that's just the conclusion I've come to as well.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I love all my little kids for different reasons. I couldn't imagine being without any one of them. They all put a smile on my face, especially my grumpy IRN, Devlin. :hug8:

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
I try to give all of mine the same amount of attention. James the cockatiel is not tame and does not like being handled at all, so i dont do too much with him, but Sweet Pea and CJ the conure love attention, as does the new one Lola so they all have one on one attention each night.

If im being 100% honest i would probably say Ruby is my favourite. I've been waiting for her for a long time, and i dont think many people could honestly say they wouldnt want such a beautiful bird :D lol And i;ve had her from quite young so have done a certain amount of rearing her myself and she has certainly rewarded my effort by being a sweet, loving baby. But i am careful not to over do the time i spend with her as she is not an only bird and has to know that she cant have all my attention all of the time :)

M

M.C Bird Rescue

HMMM Favorites..... They are just so different. Different species, different interaction, different personalities, etc. If I want a buddy to do chores around the house with..I pick Rico. He will just sit on my shoulder poop all over me, give tons of kisses, climb all over, and have fun! If I want to be bossed around , bitten, told to "go poop", get gun shot sounds at, and deal with a stinker, I pick Alex my husbands bird. He hates me usually, but he tolerates me when my husbands not home. If I want to cuddle and give lots of love and get some in return I pick Tiki the rehab TOO we are working with. She openly allows me to pet her anywhere on her body in or out of cage. She can be very sweet or very aggressive. I love the challenge. They all get the same amount of attention here. The rescues that are awaiting they're new homes ..... I would have to say I like them both the same. I try and NOT get too attached to them as they have to leave here eventually. They get out of cage time, great food, and we do the best we can..which is 10000000X better than what they are used to. hahahahaha. I guess out of the Hahns and Blue crown rescues here at the moment I will have to say I like the Hahns the best. She is just a clown!

Status
Not open for further replies.