• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Little Bird People

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wish that would be posted EVERYWHERE the littles are sold...it's a very powerful statement from those with no "human voice"...

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So very true, and beautifully written too, thanks for sharing this @Lady Jane! :heart: Here's a cute one for you all...
BIRD INFO FUNNY.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I always plan on having cockatiels in my life. They may be small but their hearts are so big. :heart:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes!! I wanna put this up in my bird room.

Kraz is my "common" bird. He's the one you can pick up at any pet store. He's the one who gets the least interest when people ask about my parrots. He's just a cockatiel.

And he's my best friend.

I've had people ask me, "why don't you sell him and use that big cage for a cool parrot?"
I've had people laugh at me when they realise the armload of toys I'm buying is for a regular, boring cockatiel.
People who run up to meet Taco when he's out on his harness roll their eyes when they ask about my other birds, and the first name on my lips is Kraz's. No, no, they say, do you have any other real birds? Big, colourful, exotic birds?

Who cares about some runty 'tiel? He's not even some rare mutation! He's just a regular old grey!

But no one who's ever met him, no one who's ever loved him, could say Kraz is just any old bird.
He's Kraz.
And there's no one in the world like him.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Thank you, Lady Jane.

For some strange reason, that is foreign to the way I was raised, some people seem to think that the smaller the price tag is on an animal the less serious they should take that animal.

No truer saying than "Great things come in small packages."

You could never tell Lenny that he wasn't an Eagle.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I love this so much. :heart: I too want to print this out and hang it up in my room. Thank you for posting. :)

@Fergus Mom, I love that post too. I especially love #3 and #4 of the list. :laugh:

I know, right? @SquawksNibbles I cracked up so hard when I read about starting out with "the box" of bird stuff that soon became a closet! (And seeing nothing wrong with this!) Nope, nothing wrong - just need a bigger house now... or at least a bigger room to store our bird toys and treasures!