• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Foot tapping ecki

Ashyb1054

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ashley
I have an eclectus that is less than a year old (around 8 month guesstimate we’ve had him for 6 month and saved him from an indoor swap meet) he was on his perch on the outside of his cage yesterday and when my son came back in the room he was on the floor. At first he was holding up his right foot and just kinda shaking it and today he is tapping both feet continuously. He is also squawking a lot more than normal but only when someone is writhing site if he’s alone he isn’t making any noise. I called the vet and they can’t get us in for a week. Any ideas what this could be. He is also extremely clumsy and has broke almost all of his tail feathers so I’m wondering if he hurt himself when he attempted to fly down to the floor. ( I tried to add a video but it wouldn’t let me it only lets me post the pic)

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Laurella Desborough is one of the, if not the, top breeders of eclectus parrots in the United States, and has been for many years. Here is a link to an article that she wrote on this subject: Toe-tapping .

Ashyb1054

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ashley
What's his diet like? I'm not an ekkie expert but usually that comes up with this species
he is on fruits And veggies daily with limited amounts of seed and pellets I get ones that are supposed to be eclectus breed specific