• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

foot fetish?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Parrotlet

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Chae
Kronus loves to bite my feet! ouch!! I prefer that he didn't, but he insists on it. he will chase me if he is on the floor and I'm walking around or climb down my pant leg to get to my feet. if I try to block him from getting to my feet, putting my arm in the way or trying to get him to step up, I get bit. this morning it has been a little more aggressive about it and I think it is because I don't have socks on.. what do I do? I can't even hold him this morning without him trying to get to my feet. :(

Evelyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
I have the same problem with Zack, I put my socks and sneakers on before I let him out. Kronus is adorable!:)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Start carrying a towel around with you to towel him and remove him when he tries to get to your feet. Teach him "No" means no by being consistent with removing him when he is fixated on your feet. Any bite you can avoid is good. Some birds actually get into biting and it becomes a game for them to see if they can bite.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Quack was going after my feet. Every time she would attack or try to I would sternly say NO & take her back to her cage. One time I saw her looking & thinking of going after them & I said NO & she looked at me & decided not to.
Can't remember now if it was last night or this morning she flew down & went after them again. Just need to reinforce the NO's & the timeouts.
The towel is a good idea.

Tigra

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Wendy
OOhh I no the feeling :) Codie loves feet as well.... I make sure I always have my slippers on now, when she is out :hehe:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Pogo actually did LOVE my feet. He would go over to them while we were on the bed & snuggle his head up to them. I would wiggle my toes & say "Hi Pogo" in a high voice & he really liked it & would regurgitate. It all started when I was wearing 2 tone grey socks (same colours as him). But later it didn't matter if I had other coloured socks on or bare feet. And sometimes even a fluffy pink striped sock on the bed was fine, he would play with it & regurgitate for it. So cute! Now Quack has the opposite take on my feet! :lol:

Love My Parrotlet

Real Name
Chae
silly birdies. I don't understand it, feet creep me out! why would you want to put them in your mouth, even if you are just biting it?

Love My Parrotlet

Real Name
Chae
Pogo actually did LOVE my feet. He would go over to them while we were on the bed & snuggle his head up to them. I would wiggle my toes & say "Hi Pogo" in a high voice & he really liked it & would regurgitate. It all started when I was wearing 2 tone grey socks (same colours as him). But later it didn't matter if I had other coloured socks on or bare feet. And sometimes even a fluffy pink striped sock on the bed was fine, he would play with it & regurgitate for it. So cute! Now Quack has the opposite take on my feet! :lol:
awe, if kronus loved my feet instead of loving to bite them I wouldn't have a problem. and he bites so hard for such a small bird.. :eek:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
You need to think about how large our bodies are in relation to their bodies. I really dont think they know our feet are part of us. Sunshine will only bug my feet if I am sitting in my recliner with my feet up and with my shoes off. Then I am in for it!

When they interact with us they interact with our faces and upper body, so our feet have no meaning for them other than as close to their size independently moving objects. Think about it.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
You need to think about how large our bodies are in relation to their bodies. I really dont think they know our feet are part of us. Sunshine will only bug my feet if I am sitting in my recliner with my feet up and with my shoes off. Then I am in for it!

When they interact with us they interact with our faces and upper body, so our feet have no meaning for them other than as close to their size independently moving objects. Think about it.
Yes, I think that's why they other love them or hate them. They are a similar size to them so are either a "love interest" :lol: or rivals.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Quaker parrots are known for being fascinated with feet, and for chasing or attacking them-- but obviously they have plenty of company among other types of parrots. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.