• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foods similar to Harrison's?

SaffronConure

Moving in
My two cockatiels' favorite food is Harrison's extra fine, they love it and there's no wasted food. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to get my hands on right now so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for foods with a similar texture? I've tried roudybush, they eat it but the majority of the pellets end up wasted as a powder at the bottom of the bowl! Are there other complete pellet diets like Harrison's that are harder and don't crumble so much?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
My two cockatiels' favorite food is Harrison's extra fine, they love it and there's no wasted food. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to get my hands on right now so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for foods with a similar texture? I've tried roudybush, they eat it but the majority of the pellets end up wasted as a powder at the bottom of the bowl! Are there other complete pellet diets like Harrison's that are harder and don't crumble so much?
Roudybush is a good food. There is no other brand that really replaces Harrison's. They can compliment this diet, as in variety which isn't a bad thing. Most pellets will crumble making it easy to break apart to eat.

Where are you located that you are finding a hard time getting it? There are no more constraints on this food as there was 2 months ago.

I have been able to keep it in stock with my store.

SaffronConure

Moving in
Roudybush is a good food. There is no other brand that really replaces Harrison's. They can compliment this diet, as in variety which isn't a bad thing. Most pellets will crumble making it easy to break apart to eat.

Where are you located that you are finding a hard time getting it? There are no more constraints on this food as there was 2 months ago.

I have been able to keep it in stock with my store.
I usually get it online, I just hate paying $10 in shipping for a pound of food! Im out in west Virginia and have yet to find any physical stores that have any Harrisons anywhere nearby.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
You can order from Amazon and with almost all products shipping is free with a $25 order. Surely you can find $25 worth of things you need to get the free shipping.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I usually get it online, I just hate paying $10 in shipping for a pound of food! Im out in west Virginia and have yet to find any physical stores that have any Harrisons anywhere nearby.
The best I can do to send a one pound bag to you is flat rate in an envelope from the Post Office for $8.40 if you are intrested. Two can also fit if you want to stock up :)

SaffronConure

Moving in
The best I can do to send a one pound bag to you is flat rate in an envelope from the Post Office for $8.40 if you are intrested. Two can also fit if you want to stock up :)
Oh thanks I actually am! My usual source is only selling one bag at a time because the pandemic and my cockatiels don't eat a 5 pound bag before it spoils