• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foods I could share with my Quaker?

JulietRose

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juliet
So, I was thinking about making recipes that me and my Quaker could eat together. He’s a kind of picky eater but when he sees me eat things he likes to try them out to, and I’m hoping to take advantage of this! I prefer more “natural” or “plain” foods, which would make it easier to share, I don’t like fancy dressings/sauces that much. I was wondering if anyone had any nice recipes I could try out?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
So, I was thinking about making recipes that me and my Quaker could eat together. He’s a kind of picky eater but when he sees me eat things he likes to try them out to, and I’m hoping to take advantage of this! I prefer more “natural” or “plain” foods, which would make it easier to share, I don’t like fancy dressings/sauces that much. I was wondering if anyone had any nice recipes I could try out?
Pastas and rice dishes are usually a good bet, plus fruits and veggies! My quakers don’t usually try to eat what I do, but my tiel will actively try to steal food out of my mouth :meh: he’s a big fan of anything with rice, and ramen.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
one if my favorite things to share is veggies omelet. Maybe it's not true omlet? I put swiss chsrd chopped up in a skillet, and every kind of vegetable I have, thin slices of carrots and sweet potatoes , bell pepper, fresh corn cut off the cob, fresh green beans cut up, some cherry tomatoes, broccoli with tiny amount olive oil and tiny amount butter and pepper i like lots of pepper. Let thst cook in skillet till vegetables get soft then I add some beat up eggs. So yummy me and flock love it ! They try and climb in !

Farrow add skillet stir fry veggies
Same with quinoa.

I make home
Made lentil soup and share.

Veggies chilli and share.

Bugbsalads with lots of veggies abd some times tops with grilled salmon or chicken.

Roasted veggies and share