• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Food recommendations

Briggan

Meeting neighbors
Hi there!

so I have a single female cockatiel who’s been eating the Kaytee brand of “Fortidiet” but I’ve been hearing some bad things about the brand and the food is mostly seed. So I’d like to change her food to something healthier and more complete.

if Anyone has food recommendations that can be found in the US and are healthy for birds it would be much appreciated!

gamermouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicole
I feed Mazuri pellets and Higgins safflower gold seed mix as well as fresh chop/veggies each day to my tiels and conures. Sometimes if I can't find those I end up with Zupreem pellets.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I feed Roudybush pellets, Oven Fresh Bites, Goldenfeast Australian blend, Pheonix Foraging Green Chunks, Avian Organics bird bread, Nutriberries, AviCakes, sprouts, Texas Freeze Dried Chop, and fresh greens and veggies. All of which you can get in the US.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:bump8:

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Harrison’s pellets are also very good. Also a mix of cut of veggies in their cage for a few hours each day is necessary for them.

TayTayLee

Meeting neighbors
I use Tropican Lifetime Formula pellets and Wild Harvest Advanced Nutrition Cockatiel, as well as veggies.