• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Food prepping

12jewlz4u

Moving in
Finishing up my weekly fruit and veggie food prep, for my blue and gold macaw Chiquita! Everything is either freshly grown from my greenhouse or what I haven't grown is bought frozen or fresh! This week I put beets, carrots, greenbeans, peas, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, collard & mustard greens, acorn squash, pumpkin, pineapple, mango, apple, grapes, pear and peaches! I wash and soak all her fruits and veggies in water with some vinegar! Cut them up into bite sized pieces for her. Mix it all in a bowl then sprinkle nori seaweed (for iodine) and 2 tbsp. of a mix of crushed walnuts, pecans, peanuts, pistachios, Brazil nuts and cashews per half cup of fruits & veggies! I then put a half cup each of the mix into individual zip lock bags and put them in the freezer! Every morning I put one bag into a bowl of room temperature water till it thaws and breakfast is served! Every week I try to switch up the mix and use different fruits and veggies then the week prior! To ensure my Chiquita is getting a well balanced diet! This also ensures nothing goes to waste! At night, she gets a half cup of zupreem fruit blend pellets soaked in spring water, that I add a macaw multivitamin into. I've tried doing the multivitamin in her water but she refused to drink it that way! So I had to sneak it in somewhere SHHHHH don't tell her she doesn't know!

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’d stop the multivitamin if you’re feeding pellets.